Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > requiredfield indicators

requiredfield indicators

venky

I have a question.

I have two requiredfield indicators in my asp.net page and i have two
buttons like getnextlead and getcustomer.

I want the first requiredfieldindicator to be on for getnextleadbutton
but not for getcustomer button and second indicator active for
getcustomer button but not for getnextleadbutton.
can anyone tell me how to do this?

venky

Marina

I don't think you can do that. You have to get a custom validator and write
your own client side function to figure this out.

"venky" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>I have a question.
>
> I have two requiredfield indicators in my asp.net page and i have two
> buttons like getnextlead and getcustomer.
>
> I want the first requiredfieldindicator to be on for getnextleadbutton
> but not for getcustomer button and second indicator active for
> getcustomer button but not for getnextleadbutton.
> can anyone tell me how to do this?
>

> venky

venkat chellam

how to use custom validator?
any sample codes?

Peter Blum

ASP.NET 2.0 will offer a solution called Validation Groups. It lets you
assign a group name to the submit button and the validators it fires. Since
ASP.NET 2.0 is not ready yet, here are your choices:

1. Use server-side only validation on submit like this:
- Set CausesValidation=false
- In the submit button's Click method, call Validate() on each validator
that should be fired. Then test the IsValid property on each validator. If
all are true, save.

2. Use a third party validation system that already has validation groups. I
wrote one: Professional Validation And More
(http://www.peterblum.com/vam/home.aspx). My efforts go far beyond
validation groups because Microsoft's validators have so many limitations
and don't address common requests, like setting the background color of the
field with the error or client-side validation on Mozilla-based browsers.

--- Peter Blum
www.PeterBlum.com
http://www.peterblum.com/vam/home.aspx

"venky" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>I have a question.
>
> I have two requiredfield indicators in my asp.net page and i have two
> buttons like getnextlead and getcustomer.
>
> I want the first requiredfieldindicator to be on for getnextleadbutton
> but not for getcustomer button and second indicator active for
> getcustomer button but not for getnextleadbutton.
> can anyone tell me how to do this?
>

> venky

venkat chellam

Thank you very much peter, i will look into it