Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: How do I delete photographs from an iPad?

Re: How do I delete photographs from an iPad?

nospam

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Eric Stevens
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I've now found out how to copy the photographs out of the iPad by
> backing up to my computer.

actually, backing up to your computer doesn't help. although it does
copy the photos, it doesn't put them in a place where they're easily
accessed, unless you are doing a restore to the device, and then
everything in the backup is copied back.

the way to copy the photos is just plug the ipad into your computer and
it will show up as a digital camera. use whatever software you normally
use to copy photos, including lightroom, explorer or whatever else you
prefer. it's as simple as that.

> What I haven't yet found is an easy way to
> delete +1800 images from the "All Imports" folder of the iPad. There
> doesn't even seem to be an easy way to select a large number of images
> at a time.

to delete on the device, tap the action button at the top right, then
tap the photos you want to delete, then tap the red delete button.

if you want to delete all, use whatever software you used to copy them
and delete them there. again, the ipad shows up as a standard ordinary
digital camera.

> Google tells me I'm not the first person to strike this problem

that's because a lot of people are stupid.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >> What I haven't yet found is an easy way to
> >> delete +1800 images from the "All Imports" folder of the iPad. There
> >> doesn't even seem to be an easy way to select a large number of images
> >> at a time.

> >to delete on the device, tap the action button at the top right, then
> >tap the photos you want to delete, then tap the red delete button.

> This is at the heart of my problem. While I have action buttons in
> some places, I don't have one where I need it for the purpose of
> deleting.

where are you looking?

for deleting 1800 images, you really don't want to do it on the device.
do it on the computer.

> >if you want to delete all, use whatever software you used to copy them
> >and delete them there. again, the ipad shows up as a standard ordinary
> >digital camera.
> >
> >> Google tells me I'm not the first person to strike this problem

> >that's because a lot of people are stupid.

> You should read what I've written and then reconsider that remark.

what's to reconsider? a lot of people are stupid, they don't read the
manual, they assume there's no way to do something and then whine on
the internet.

deleting photos is easy.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >> This is at the heart of my problem. While I have action buttons in
> >> some places, I don't have one where I need it for the purpose of
> >> deleting.

> >where are you looking?
> >
> >for deleting 1800 images, you really don't want to do it on the device.
> >do it on the computer.

> I don't entirely agree with you but, apart from that, I haven't yet
> found how to do so.

i told you at least twice.

> >> You should read what I've written and then reconsider that remark.

> >what's to reconsider? a lot of people are stupid, they don't read the
> >manual, they assume there's no way to do something and then whine on
> >the internet.
> >
> >deleting photos is easy.

> Deleting individual photographs is easy but, as far as I can tell,
> deleting large blocks of photographs is damned tedious. This was the
> point of my original query.

again, i told you how.

if you choose to ignore it, there's not much i can do.