Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Re: Windows Update failing

Re: Windows Update failing

Donchano

On Sun, 28 Oct 2012 21:21:29 +1300, Crash McBash
<(E-Mail Removed)> shouted from the highest rooftop:

>Running Win 7 home premium - and I thought I would take a look at
>Windows Update after running the Win 8 upgrade program.
>
>To my surprise I found that Windows Update had not been working for
>about 6 weeks. Poking around the MS Support pages I found this
>article - relevant because I was getting the error code 8024402F.
>
>http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...8-229aa36bedc5
>
>Scroll through to the 'All Answers' section to a post by Zaki J which
>gives instructions related to a corrupted Softwaredistribution folder.
>This fixed my problem on both machines I run Win 7 on.
>
>The moral here though is to manually check on Windows Update history.
>If the last update was some time ago, run it manually because Windows
>Update may be broken.

Trust Windows automatic update???? Some might, but not I.

vtp client failing to update pfisterfarm Cisco 4 05-03-2008 10:07 AM
failing to update! rcoco ASP .Net 0 12-08-2006 08:16 AM
Actually, ado.net 2.0 help needed - batch update failing andy6 ASP .Net 2 06-15-2006 04:25 PM
Python 2.4 Tix failing on Windows XP j vickroy Python 3 12-10-2004 02:04 AM

Advertisments