Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > ICC profile connection space

ICC profile connection space

Thomas Richter

Am 02.11.2012 06:49, schrieb Dale:

> look here http://www.color.org/v4_prmg.xalter

What has this to do with the PCS? It is just a refinement how to
implement the perceptual rendering intent.

Dale

On 11/02/2012 03:57 AM, Thomas Richter wrote:
> Am 02.11.2012 06:49, schrieb Dale:
>

>> look here http://www.color.org/v4_prmg.xalter

> What has this to do with the PCS? It is just a refinement how to
> implement the perceptual rendering intent.

the PCS is dependent on the intent

--
Dale

Dale

On 11/01/2012 12:32 PM, nospam wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Dale
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>> Second, gimp doesn't allow you to use a fully calibrated color workflow,
>>> it only operates in the 8bpp "color space" your monitor seems to have.
>>> But if that's your problem, I suggest to buy more professional software
>>> that offers support ICC profiles.

>> gimp is free, and even better the upgrades are free

> gimp isn't even worth free.

for free its more than a heckuva program

--
Dale

Dale

On 11/01/2012 06:01 AM, Thomas Richter wrote:
> Am 01.11.2012 09:53, schrieb Dale:
>> On 10/31/2012 03:40 AM, Thomas Richter wrote:
>>> Second, gimp doesn't allow you to use a fully calibrated color workflow,
>>> it only operates in the 8bpp "color space" your monitor seems to have.
>>> But if that's your problem, I suggest to buy more professional software
>>> that offers support ICC profiles.

>> gimp is free, and even better the upgrades are free

> I don't get you. You get what you pay for. Either gimp does what you
> need to do, then use it and be quiet. Or it doesn't, but then look for
> alternative solutions. *Here* nobody can help you with gimp. Wrong place
> for requesting improvements.

what if linux supercedes mac and windows, then what?

photoshop doesn't have a linux version, besides gimp is free

gimp has an official IRC chatroom, who is to say they aren't lurking here?

http://www.gimp.org/

http://www.gnu.org/

http://www.ubuntu.com/

--
Dale

nospam

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >> gimp is free, and even better the upgrades are free

> > gimp isn't even worth free.

> for free its more than a heckuva program

not if it doesn't do what you need.

nospam

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> what if linux supercedes mac and windows, then what?

that's so not going to happen. anyone who thinks it's even remotely
possible is living in fantasy land.

> photoshop doesn't have a linux version,

one reason of many why it won't ever happen.

> besides gimp is free

so what?

> gimp has an official IRC chatroom, who is to say they aren't lurking here?

that won't add the missing features.

Thomas Richter

Am 02.11.2012 14:01, schrieb Dale:
> On 11/02/2012 03:57 AM, Thomas Richter wrote:
>> Am 02.11.2012 06:49, schrieb Dale:
>>

>>> look here http://www.color.org/v4_prmg.xalter

>> What has this to do with the PCS? It is just a refinement how to
>> implement the perceptual rendering intent.
>>

> the PCS is dependent on the intent

Where did you get this from??? No, it is not!
"Perceptual Reference Medium" != "Profile Connection Space".

Dale

On 11/02/2012 02:29 PM, Thomas Richter wrote:
> Am 02.11.2012 14:01, schrieb Dale:

>>> What has this to do with the PCS? It is just a refinement how to
>>> implement the perceptual rendering intent.
>>>

>> the PCS is dependent on the intent
>>

> Where did you get this from??? No, it is not!
> "Perceptual Reference Medium" != "Profile Connection Space".

I didn't say equal, I said dependent, all intents except the absolute
colorimetric choice are dependent on the reference medium, and I believe
this means XYZ, LAB, sRGB, ProPhotoRGB, etc.

I really have no issues with gimp, I just forgot about using ProPhotoRGB
as the working space for higher gamut images and output

sorry, forget the whole thread

--
Dale

Dale