Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > SSH Connection with Python

SSH Connection with Python

Schneider

Hi Folkz,
how can i create a SSH-Connection with python? I have to send some
commands to the remote host and parse their answers.
greatz Johannes

Roy Smith

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Schneider <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hi Folkz,
> how can i create a SSH-Connection with python? I have to send some
> commands to the remote host and parse their answers.
> greatz Johannes

At a low level, you want to look at the paramiko library. Built on top
of that, and adding hoards of neat functionality, is fabric. One of
these is likely to be what you're looking for.

http://www.lag.net/paramiko/

https://github.com/fabric/fabric

Peter Pearson

On Thu, 25 Oct 2012 12:16:58 +0200, Schneider <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> how can i create a SSH-Connection with python? I have to send some
> commands to the remote host and parse their answers.
> greatz Johannes

I've been using Twisted (twistedmatrix.com). It is especially
convenient for the server end. Its organization is "event-driven",
which you may or may not find convenient.

Peter Pearson

On 25 Oct 2012 16:55:46 GMT, Peter Pearson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Oct 2012 12:16:58 +0200, Schneider <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> how can i create a SSH-Connection with python? I have to send some
>> commands to the remote host and parse their answers.
>> greatz Johannes

> I've been using Twisted (twistedmatrix.com). It is especially
> convenient for the server end. Its organization is "event-driven",
> which you may or may not find convenient.

Oops! The question was about SSH, and I was blathering about SSL.
Sorry.