Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Help! Need "old" Flash add-on / plugin (as well as Java)

Reply
Thread Tools

Help! Need "old" Flash add-on / plugin (as well as Java)

 
 
Robert Baer
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-25-2012
Need version 9.0 at newest; Win2K seems to not support anything
newer, probably the newer junk is 64-bit.
*
Ditto for needing an older version of Java.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Paul
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-25-2012
Robert Baer wrote:
> Need version 9.0 at newest; Win2K seems to not support anything newer,
> probably the newer junk is 64-bit.
> *
> Ditto for needing an older version of Java.


Archived Flash installers are here. The installer is for developers,
and contains both regular and debug modules. You unzip the contents
(using 7ZIP) and in the regular install section, there would be one
file used for IE installation (ActiveX or .ax) while the other
installer is for the Netscape/Seamonkey/Firefox family.

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/...-versions.html

"Flash Player 10.1.102.64 * Windows 2000"

Java has an archive as well. Click the "SE 6" button and you'll find
older releases like 6U22.

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/ja...ve-139210.html

The regular Java download page, installation instructions, mention Win2K.
So maybe even the latest SE 7 works ? Sometimes those instruction
pages tell a lie, and in fact a stated OS doesn't work. The installer
will "deny" if necessary. You can work your way through the archived
versions until you find a good one.

Paul


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Robert Baer
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-25-2012
Paul wrote:
> Robert Baer wrote:
>> Need version 9.0 at newest; Win2K seems to not support anything newer,
>> probably the newer junk is 64-bit.
>> *
>> Ditto for needing an older version of Java.

>
> Archived Flash installers are here. The installer is for developers,
> and contains both regular and debug modules. You unzip the contents
> (using 7ZIP) and in the regular install section, there would be one
> file used for IE installation (ActiveX or .ax) while the other
> installer is for the Netscape/Seamonkey/Firefox family.
>
> http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/...-versions.html
>
> "Flash Player 10.1.102.64 * Windows 2000"
>
> Java has an archive as well. Click the "SE 6" button and you'll find
> older releases like 6U22.
>
> http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/ja...ve-139210.html
>
> The regular Java download page, installation instructions, mention Win2K.
> So maybe even the latest SE 7 works ? Sometimes those instruction
> pages tell a lie, and in fact a stated OS doesn't work. The installer
> will "deny" if necessary. You can work your way through the archived
> versions until you find a good one.
>
> Paul
>
>

Thanks. got the Flash; Oracle barfed on sign-up said to try later.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Paul
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-26-2012
Robert Baer wrote:
> Paul wrote:
>> Robert Baer wrote:
>>> Need version 9.0 at newest; Win2K seems to not support anything newer,
>>> probably the newer junk is 64-bit.
>>> *
>>> Ditto for needing an older version of Java.

>>
>> Archived Flash installers are here. The installer is for developers,
>> and contains both regular and debug modules. You unzip the contents
>> (using 7ZIP) and in the regular install section, there would be one
>> file used for IE installation (ActiveX or .ax) while the other
>> installer is for the Netscape/Seamonkey/Firefox family.
>>
>> http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/...-versions.html
>>
>>
>> "Flash Player 10.1.102.64 * Windows 2000"
>>
>> Java has an archive as well. Click the "SE 6" button and you'll find
>> older releases like 6U22.
>>
>> http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/ja...ve-139210.html
>>
>> The regular Java download page, installation instructions, mention Win2K.
>> So maybe even the latest SE 7 works ? Sometimes those instruction
>> pages tell a lie, and in fact a stated OS doesn't work. The installer
>> will "deny" if necessary. You can work your way through the archived
>> versions until you find a good one.
>>
>> Paul
>>
>>

> Thanks. got the Flash; Oracle barfed on sign-up said to try later.
>


The 6U37 one is not blocked. The others have what is considered to be
"security issues". But that's true all the time anyway

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/ja...s-1859589.html

Windows x86 Offline 16.19 MB jre-6u37-windows-i586.exe

You can also try the 7U9 one.

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/ja...s-1859586.html

Windows x86 Offline 29.72 MB jre-7u9-windows-i586.exe

*******

According to this, 6u27 is the last one for Win2K.

http://www.oldapps.com/java.php?supported_systems=true

http://www.oldapps.com/java.php?old_java=6281

Java 6 Update 27 (16.33 MB)

Now, I happen to have that one.

jre-6u27-windows-i586-s.exe 17,127,200 bytes
MD5sum = e0487ae4e30d9f7fa82e3e6196ac70f8

I think to date, the four I have on disk here, have come
from Oracle or Sun. So if you want to try the oldapp download
site, you can compute the MD5sum and see if it matches
mine. If it does, chances are it's legit (or, at least
"as delivered by Sun").

HTH,
Paul
 
Reply With Quote
 
Robert Baer
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-26-2012
Paul wrote:
> Robert Baer wrote:
>> Paul wrote:
>>> Robert Baer wrote:
>>>> Need version 9.0 at newest; Win2K seems to not support anything newer,
>>>> probably the newer junk is 64-bit.
>>>> *
>>>> Ditto for needing an older version of Java.
>>>
>>> Archived Flash installers are here. The installer is for developers,
>>> and contains both regular and debug modules. You unzip the contents
>>> (using 7ZIP) and in the regular install section, there would be one
>>> file used for IE installation (ActiveX or .ax) while the other
>>> installer is for the Netscape/Seamonkey/Firefox family.
>>>
>>> http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/...-versions.html
>>>
>>>
>>> "Flash Player 10.1.102.64 * Windows 2000"
>>>
>>> Java has an archive as well. Click the "SE 6" button and you'll find
>>> older releases like 6U22.
>>>
>>> http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/ja...ve-139210.html
>>>
>>> The regular Java download page, installation instructions, mention
>>> Win2K.
>>> So maybe even the latest SE 7 works ? Sometimes those instruction
>>> pages tell a lie, and in fact a stated OS doesn't work. The installer
>>> will "deny" if necessary. You can work your way through the archived
>>> versions until you find a good one.
>>>
>>> Paul
>>>
>>>

>> Thanks. got the Flash; Oracle barfed on sign-up said to try later.
>>

>
> The 6U37 one is not blocked. The others have what is considered to be
> "security issues". But that's true all the time anyway
>
> http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/ja...s-1859589.html
>
>
> Windows x86 Offline 16.19 MB jre-6u37-windows-i586.exe
>
> You can also try the 7U9 one.
>
> http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/ja...s-1859586.html
>
>
> Windows x86 Offline 29.72 MB jre-7u9-windows-i586.exe
>
> *******
>
> According to this, 6u27 is the last one for Win2K.
>
> http://www.oldapps.com/java.php?supported_systems=true
>
> http://www.oldapps.com/java.php?old_java=6281
>
> Java 6 Update 27 (16.33 MB)
>
> Now, I happen to have that one.
>
> jre-6u27-windows-i586-s.exe 17,127,200 bytes
> MD5sum = e0487ae4e30d9f7fa82e3e6196ac70f8
>
> I think to date, the four I have on disk here, have come
> from Oracle or Sun. So if you want to try the oldapp download
> site, you can compute the MD5sum and see if it matches
> mine. If it does, chances are it's legit (or, at least
> "as delivered by Sun").
>
> HTH,
> Paul

Weird..was not asked for username / password.
Downloaded jre-6u37-windows-i586.exe and ran it..got error 1723 DLL
required to install could not be run.
Next error message said Java 6 update 37 could not be completely
installed.

Well, i am going to act foolish and stop at that; will re-try
something else if i am pushed or really need it.

Thanks for the help. The Flash player 10.1.102 etc works very nicely.
Hopefully i will not get an occasional "nag" for updating (which
happened before).

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Eclipse Plugin: how to modify perl build path from an eclipse Plugin java class eser@libero.it Java 1 09-07-2007 09:45 PM
Getting reference of eclipse plugin view or its component from another eclipse plugin view? Jimmy Java 0 03-15-2007 11:04 PM
tomcat-maven-plugin problem - mvn is looking for org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-tomcat-plugin Marcin Cenkier Java 1 04-12-2006 08:00 PM
Detect if Sun plugin is installed (in IE) EVEN if not set as default in plugin? PilotYid Java 1 10-31-2005 11:13 AM
Hi Whats considered to be a well priced and well reviewed plasma tv 42 inch and above ? Hmmmmmmm DVD Video 8 09-28-2004 09:32 AM



Advertisments