Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > A C program

A C program

Nikhil Joshi

write a program to calculate decimal number from binary number?

James Kuyper

On 10/23/2012 11:54 AM, Nikhil Joshi wrote:
> write a program to calculate decimal number from binary number?

Done. Next?

Joe Pfeiffer

Nikhil Joshi <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> write a program to calculate decimal number from binary number?

We can better help if you'll show us what you've already come up with in
your attempts to write it.

Rich Webb

On Tue, 23 Oct 2012 12:05:44 -0400, James Kuyper
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On 10/23/2012 11:54 AM, Nikhil Joshi wrote:
>> write a program to calculate decimal number from binary number?

>Done. Next?

Whee! +1

--
Rich Webb Norfolk, VA

Keith Thompson

Nikhil Joshi <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> write a program to calculate decimal number from binary number?

We're happy to answer questions about the C language here. Show us
a program, and we can probably help you figure out what's wrong
with it. We won't do your homework for you.

But if you really want us to, please give us your instructor's e-mail
address, so we can submit our solutions directly. If we do the work,
we should get the credit, don't you think?

Will write code for food.

BruceS

On Tue, 23 Oct 2012 12:05:44 -0400, James Kuyper wrote:

> On 10/23/2012 11:54 AM, Nikhil Joshi wrote:
>> write a program to calculate decimal number from binary number?

> Done. Next?

Your posts are among the first I look for. Often this provides
information, but this time it gave me a good laugh. Thanks.

tom st denis

On Oct 23, 11:54*am, Nikhil Joshi
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> write a program to calculate decimal number from binary number?

I'mma gonna go beyond what the other people wrote and just say this.

Drop out of whatever program you are in now. If this sort of program
stumps you you have no business studying computer science nor software
development. This is the equivalent of a math major asking us to help
them solve the matrix

[ 2 1 ]
[ 1 1 ]

It's the sort of thing that if you have to ask you really shouldn't be
in the business.

So please, do yourself and anyone you'd potentially end up working
with a favour and either STUDY ****ING HARDER or DROP THE **** OUT.

Sincerely,
Tom

Ben Bacarisse

tom st denis <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> On Oct 23, 11:54*am, Nikhil Joshi
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> write a program to calculate decimal number from binary number?

> I'mma gonna go beyond what the other people wrote and just say this.
>
> Drop out of whatever program you are in now. If this sort of program
> stumps you you have no business studying computer science nor software
> development. This is the equivalent of a math major asking us to help
> them solve the matrix

I may have missed some of this thread, but how do you know the OP is a
CS major? I was quite good at academic CS, but there was a time when I
did not know how to do this.

<snip>
--
Ben.

tom st denis

On Oct 30, 11:42*am, Ben Bacarisse <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> tom st denis <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>
> > On Oct 23, 11:54*am, Nikhil Joshi
> > <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >> write a program to calculate decimal number from binary number?

> > I'mma gonna go beyond what the other people wrote and just say this.

> > Drop out of whatever program you are in now. *If this sort of program
> > stumps you you have no business studying computer science nor software
> > development. *This is the equivalent of a math major asking us to help
> > them solve the matrix

> I may have missed some of this thread, but how do you know the OP is a
> CS major? *I was quite good at academic CS, but there was a time when I
> did not know how to do this.

This is clearly a homework question of some sort given the lack of
details other than a fairly obvious problem statement that came from a
lab somewhere.

Tom

BartC

"tom st denis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> This is the equivalent of a math major asking us to help
> them solve the matrix
>
> [ 2 1 ]
> [ 1 1 ]

What's the answer?