Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: Style help for a Smalltalk-hack

Re: Style help for a Smalltalk-hack

Travis Griggs

On Oct 22, 2012, at 6:33 PM, MRAB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Another way you could do it is:
>
> while True:
> chunk = byteStream.read(4)
> if not chunk:
> break
>
> And you could fetch multiple signatures in one read:
>
> signatures = list(struct.unpack('>{}I'.format(valveCount), byteStream.read(4 * valueCount)))

Thanks, both great ideas. Still does the read/decode slightly different between the different sites, but at least it's localized better. Much appreciated.

--
Travis Griggs
"History has a habit of changing the people who think they are changing it." -Terry Pratchett