Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: HELP!! I screwed up bigtime!!

Re: HELP!! I screwed up bigtime!!

RichA

On Oct 22, 4:35*pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Quite a while ago I went through all my stored electronics and made sure all the
> batteries had been removed. Today I went to get out a flash to try on my new
> Fujifilm camera, and found I had forgotten to take out the batteries and they're
> all corroded/leaking. I got the batteries out but the terminals have all that
> white corrosion on them. And the real bad news is that it's a Nikon Speedlight
> that cost me over $200 a few years back. Am I sh*t out of luck or can those
> terminals be cleaned up? Thanks.

Either you left them in for ages, or you used "straight from China"
dollar-store batteries. It's not a big deal. Clean out the housing,
use some fine sandpaper to clean the terminals off.