Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: get each pair from a string.

Re: get each pair from a string.

Emile van Sebille

On 10/21/2012 9:19 PM, Ian Foote wrote:
> On 22/10/12 09:03, Emile van Sebille wrote:
>> So, as OP's a self confessed newbie asking about slicing, why provide an
>> example requiring knowledge of tee, enumerate, next and izip?
>>

> Because not only the newbie will read the thread? I for one was
> interested to see all the different possible approaches, and their
> upsides and downsides.

Fair -- I get concerned that newcomers are faced with a much higher cost
of entry when answers to their apparently simple problems require
knowledge of specific functions in specific library modules to solve.

This presents a very high bar as my quick local test (help(); modules)
shows 398 modules!

In this case the only requirement should have been a quick pass through
the tutorial which should be enough to solve most problems.

Emile