Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: Interest in seeing sh.py in the stdlib

Re: Interest in seeing sh.py in the stdlib

Alex Clark

On 2012-10-21 16:59:16 +0000, Dennis Lee Bieber said:

> On Sun, 21 Oct 2012 07:41:52 -0600, Jason Friedman <(E-Mail Removed)>
>

>> Pretty slick. My only concern is portability, are there other
>> examples of modules (excepting Win32) that work on some platforms and
>> not others?

> Just scan the library reference and you'll find a number of
> modules/functions that, even if available on all OS, behave slightly
> differently (look up mmap, for example; or readline)

I was just getting used to it as PBS Other than really liking your
lib… I'm not convinced it would be a good candidate for the stdlib,
yet. E.g. Not every good lib belongs in the stdlib. That said, if sh.py
continues to gain popularity (akin to e.g. requests) I suspect the
"right people" (core developers?) will see it. I'm also curious how
that happens, would a PEP be a good place to propose inclusion in the
stdlib?

--
Alex Clark · https://www.gittip.com/aclark4life/