Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: Is there a way to programmatically turn on remote registry?

Re: Is there a way to programmatically turn on remote registry?

Dennis Lee Bieber

On Fri, 19 Oct 2012 17:19:56 -0400, Kevin Holleran <(E-Mail Removed)>

> Thanks! I think this is getting me on the right track. Now when I attempt
> to start the RemoteRegistry service I am getting an exception "The RPC
> server is unavailable." However, I am done with this for today so back at
> it on Monday.

Apparently you are under a VERY locked down network...

RPC is another service you may have to start -- problem: you can't
start it from a remote connection as the remote connection needs to use
RPC <G>. It may be faster to just telnet to each machine, logging in as
admin, and then piping the shell commands to do the changes to the
telnet session...
--
Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber AF6VN