Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Lost emails

Lost emails

Enkidu

On 29/10/12 13:12, Frank Williams wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Oct 2012 10:40:17 +1300, Enkidu
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> On 28/10/12 23:41, Geopelia wrote:
>>> "Enkidu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:508c5d06$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Thanks I don't play games, except Tetris. I wouldn't have time for
>>> all those elaborate "car race" type games, anyway. I haven't tried
>>> this Angry Birds that everybody seems to play. I have quite enough
>>> real birds, angry or otherwise, visiting the garden!
>>>

>> Angry Birds is a touch screen game. If you don't have a touch screen
>> device it won't work that well for you (if you were to try it). It's a
>> variation on a shooting/skittles game where you catapult objects (birds)
>> at other objects (glass panes/blocks/pigs) with the objective of getting
>> all the pigs. It's quite fun and catchy.

> You are WRONG its works on the PC with mouse..

Roger, I know that. I said "it won't work that well".

Cheers,

Cliff

Frank Williams

On Mon, 29 Oct 2012 14:23:43 +1300, Enkidu
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On 29/10/12 13:12, Frank Williams wrote:
>> On Mon, 29 Oct 2012 10:40:17 +1300, Enkidu
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> Angry Birds is a touch screen game. If you don't have a touch screen
>>> device it won't work that well for you (if you were to try it). It's a
>>> variation on a shooting/skittles game where you catapult objects (birds)
>>> at other objects (glass panes/blocks/pigs) with the objective of getting
>>> all the pigs. It's quite fun and catchy.

>> You are WRONG its works on the PC with mouse..
>>

>Roger, I know that. I said "it won't work that well".
>
>Cheers,
>
>Cliff

Works 100% on my PC with a gaming mouse

Geopelia

"Frank Williams" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 29 Oct 2012 14:23:43 +1300, Enkidu
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On 29/10/12 13:12, Frank Williams wrote:

>>> You are WRONG its works on the PC with mouse..
>>>

>>Roger, I know that. I said "it won't work that well".
>>
>>Cheers,
>>
>>Cliff

> Works 100% on my PC with a gaming mouse

How do you know if your mouse can game? Mine's a Longitech RX 300 that moves
an arrow.
It works all right on Code Cracker.

Geopelia

"Enkidu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:508dda49$(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 29/10/12 13:21, Bruce Sinclair wrote:
>> In article <508da641$(E-Mail Removed)>, Enkidu
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> (snip)
>>
>>> Angry Birds is a touch screen game. If you don't have a touch screen
>>> device it won't work that well for you (if you were to try it). It's a
>>> variation on a shooting/skittles game where you catapult objects (birds)
>>> at other objects (glass panes/blocks/pigs) with the objective of getting
>>> all the pigs. It's quite fun and catchy.

>> .. but ... does need an interweb thngy connection for (IIRC) "updates and
>> registration" ? I have seen it for PC, so presumably it can be mouse
>> driven
>> as well.
>>

> Yes, but it doesn't play quite as well without a touch screen.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Cliff

I don't think it is the kind of game I would like.

Bruce Sinclair

In article <508dda9f$(E-Mail Removed)>, Enkidu <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>On 29/10/12 13:12, Frank Williams wrote:

(snip)
>> You are WRONG its works on the PC with mouse..
>>

>Roger, I know that. I said "it won't work that well".

Roger/wrong ... tautology ?

Enkidu

On 29/10/12 16:02, Frank Williams wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Oct 2012 14:23:43 +1300, Enkidu
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> On 29/10/12 13:12, Frank Williams wrote:

>>> You are WRONG its works on the PC with mouse..
>>>

>> Roger, I know that. I said "it won't work that well".

> Works 100% on my PC with a gaming mouse

Sure it *works*. But I've tried it both ways and it is more playable on
a touch screen.

Cheers,

Cliff

Enkidu

On 30/10/12 13:13, Bruce Sinclair wrote:
> In article <508eea53$(E-Mail Removed)>, Enkidu <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> (snip)
>> Sure it *works*. But I've tried it both ways and it is more playable on
>> a touch screen.

> Might depend at least partly on what kind of gamer you are ?
> I hate real time ... but some people love it. What works well for someone on
> a touch screen might be better with a mouse for others ?

Maybe, though I suspect not.

Cheers,

Cliff

Bruce Sinclair