Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Lost emails

Lost emails

Enkidu

On 28/10/12 02:49, Geopelia wrote:
> "Enkidu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:508a07b1$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> I still check them all for both desktop and server OSs - there's not
>>> much option to do otherwise at large enterprise level as enough issues
>>> still arise* to have a business impact.
>>>
>>> * badly behaved old apps which should have been replaced years ago have
>>> a habit of breaking.
>>>

>> Yeah, agreed, but Geo's not a large enterprise!

> Facebook sometimes wants to put in apps. I don't know what apps are so don't
> agree.

"Apps" are mostly games.

Cheers,

Cliff

Gordon

On 2012-10-27, Geopelia <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Facebook sometimes wants to put in apps. I don't know what apps are so don't
> agree.

Pink Floyd produced and album called A Momentary Lapse of Reason.

Ask yourself Geo, if someone came knocking at you door, and you did not know
them, as in *trust* them, what would your response be.

Mine is, Who are you, and why are you here? Cols calling is better respsoned
to with a *No*.

Gordon

On 2012-10-27, Enkidu <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Apps" are mostly games.

Clif, are you all right? Really.

Apps is the new word for applications, read programmes.

I find it strange that people now are called by their first full names, if
Gen Y. William cf. Bill.

Geopelia

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 2012-10-27, Geopelia <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> Facebook sometimes wants to put in apps. I don't know what apps are so
>> don't
>> agree.
>>

> Pink Floyd produced and album called A Momentary Lapse of Reason.
>
> Ask yourself Geo, if someone came knocking at you door, and you did not
> know
> them, as in *trust* them, what would your response be.
>
> Mine is, Who are you, and why are you here? Cols calling is better
> respsoned
> to with a *No*.

People don't come here without a good reason. We are down a long ROW.
Somebody did come once though wanting us to change out electricity supplier.

We get plenty of junk phone calls though, even though we are on the "no
calls" list. So if anyone phones, we know they are not a legitimate caller.
Usually they are selling some mad financial scheme!

Geopelia

"Enkidu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:508c5d06$(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 28/10/12 02:49, Geopelia wrote:
>> "Enkidu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:508a07b1$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Yeah, agreed, but Geo's not a large enterprise!

>> Facebook sometimes wants to put in apps. I don't know what apps are so
>> don't
>> agree.
>>

> "Apps" are mostly games.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Cliff

Thanks
I don't play games, except Tetris. I wouldn't have time for all those
elaborate "car race" type games, anyway.
I haven't tried this Angry Birds that everybody seems to play.
I have quite enough real birds, angry or otherwise, visiting the garden!

Enkidu

On 28/10/12 23:41, Geopelia wrote:
> "Enkidu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:508c5d06$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On 28/10/12 02:49, Geopelia wrote:
>>> "Enkidu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:508a07b1$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Facebook sometimes wants to put in apps. I don't know what apps
>>> are so don't agree.
>>>

>> "Apps" are mostly games.

> Thanks I don't play games, except Tetris. I wouldn't have time for
> all those elaborate "car race" type games, anyway. I haven't tried
> this Angry Birds that everybody seems to play. I have quite enough
> real birds, angry or otherwise, visiting the garden!

Angry Birds is a touch screen game. If you don't have a touch screen
device it won't work that well for you (if you were to try it). It's a
variation on a shooting/skittles game where you catapult objects (birds)
at other objects (glass panes/blocks/pigs) with the objective of getting
all the pigs. It's quite fun and catchy.

Cheers,

Cliff

Frank Williams

On Mon, 29 Oct 2012 10:40:17 +1300, Enkidu
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On 28/10/12 23:41, Geopelia wrote:
>> "Enkidu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:508c5d06$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> "Apps" are mostly games.

>> Thanks I don't play games, except Tetris. I wouldn't have time for
>> all those elaborate "car race" type games, anyway. I haven't tried
>> this Angry Birds that everybody seems to play. I have quite enough
>> real birds, angry or otherwise, visiting the garden!
>>

>Angry Birds is a touch screen game. If you don't have a touch screen
>device it won't work that well for you (if you were to try it). It's a
>variation on a shooting/skittles game where you catapult objects (birds)
>at other objects (glass panes/blocks/pigs) with the objective of getting
>all the pigs. It's quite fun and catchy.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Cliff

You are WRONG its works on the PC with mouse..

Frank Williams

On Mon, 29 Oct 2012 00:21:00 GMT,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Bruce Sinclair)
wrote:

>In article <508da641$(E-Mail Removed)>, Enkidu <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>(snip)
>
>>Angry Birds is a touch screen game. If you don't have a touch screen
>>device it won't work that well for you (if you were to try it). It's a
>>variation on a shooting/skittles game where you catapult objects (birds)
>>at other objects (glass panes/blocks/pigs) with the objective of getting
>>all the pigs. It's quite fun and catchy.

>.. but ... does need an interweb thngy connection for (IIRC) "updates and
>registration" ? I have seen it for PC, so presumably it can be mouse driven
>as well.

No there is a Free one with Adds

Bruce Sinclair

On 29/10/12 13:21, Bruce Sinclair wrote:
> In article <508da641$(E-Mail Removed)>, Enkidu <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> (snip)
>
>> Angry Birds is a touch screen game. If you don't have a touch screen
>> device it won't work that well for you (if you were to try it). It's a
>> variation on a shooting/skittles game where you catapult objects (birds)
>> at other objects (glass panes/blocks/pigs) with the objective of getting
>> all the pigs. It's quite fun and catchy.

> .. but ... does need an interweb thngy connection for (IIRC) "updates and
> registration" ? I have seen it for PC, so presumably it can be mouse driven
> as well.

Yes, but it doesn't play quite as well without a touch screen.

Cheers,

Cliff