Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Testing against multiple versions of Python

Testing against multiple versions of Python

Michele Simionato

Yesterday I released a new version of the decorator module. It should run under Python 2.4, 2.5, 2.6, 2.7, 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3. I did not have the willto install on my machine 8 different versions of Python, so I just tested it with Python 2.7 and 3.3. But I do not feel happy with that. Is there anykind of service where a package author can send a pre-release version of her package and have its tests run againsts a set of different Python versions?
I seem to remember somebody talking about a service like that years ago butI don't remembers. I do not see anything on PyPI. Any advice is welcome!

Michele Simionato

andrea crotti

2012/10/19 Michele Simionato <(E-Mail Removed)>:
> Yesterday I released a new version of the decorator module. It should rununder Python 2.4, 2.5, 2.6, 2.7, 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3. I did not have the will to install on my machine 8 different versions of Python, so I just tested it with Python 2.7 and 3.3. But I do not feel happy with that. Is there any kind of service where a package author can send a pre-release version ofher package and have its tests run againsts a set of different Python versions?
> I seem to remember somebody talking about a service like that years ago but I don't remembers. I do not see anything on PyPI. Any advice is welcome!
>
> Michele Simionato

Travis on github maybe is what you want?

Boris FELD

Did you take a look at https://www.shiningpanda-ci.com/?

2012/10/19 andrea crotti <(E-Mail Removed)>:
> 2012/10/19 Michele Simionato <(E-Mail Removed)>:
>> Yesterday I released a new version of the decorator module. It should run under Python 2.4, 2.5, 2.6, 2.7, 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3. I did not have the will to install on my machine 8 different versions of Python, so I just tested it with Python 2.7 and 3.3. But I do not feel happy with that. Is there any kind of service where a package author can send a pre-release version of her package and have its tests run againsts a set of different Python versions?
>> I seem to remember somebody talking about a service like that years ago but I don't remembers. I do not see anything on PyPI. Any advice is welcome!
>>
>> Michele Simionato
>>

>> --

Michele Simionato

ShiningPanda looks really really cool. I need to investigate it.