Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: OT Questions

Re: OT Questions

Robert Kern

On 10/17/12 11:05 PM, Dwight Hutto wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 5:31 AM, Chris Angelico <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>
>>> Doubt that, unless they have 160+ I.Q.'s(been seeing psychiatrists
>>> since I was 13). I'm very secure in my childlike intellectualism.

>> A high IQ just proves ability to score well on IQ tests. On the whole,
>> your statement strikes me as reminiscent of Sheldon Cooper's
>> insistence that "I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested!".

> Someone insulted my intelligence, and stated how they worked with much
> smarter people...this was just a confidence statement that I'm
> intelligent as well, so don't get uppity with me.

No, you misread his sentence. That's not at all what he was saying. He was
saying that one of the benefits that a person may get from working with people
smarter than said person is that they can ascertain said person's strengths.

--
Robert Kern

an underlying truth."
-- Umberto Eco