Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: OT Questions

Re: OT Questions

Demian Brecht

> This is my prototype portfolio for freelancing. If you have an honest
> critique, then what, in your opinion, am I good at?
>
> https://www.odesk.com/users/~01710ac049863018eb

I can't ascertain what your strengths are as I don't work with you on a daily basis (one of the many benefits of working with people smarter than you ).

What I feel safe in assuming is that:

* You seemingly have a *want* to learn, which in itself is very important.
* Your strength is not design. Using bevel and emboss (and a pattern here and there) does not constitute good design. If you're showcasing logo work, I hope you're ready to supply variations that can be used cross-medium.
* You're not a game developer (given what I've seen, I highly doubt that you can readily tackle the complexities in game development even in a team environment, let alone solo)

Don't lie (this includes stretching the truth). In doing so, you'll mismanage client expectations and simply drive any future prospective clients away. Under-promise, over-deliver

As to not flood the list with OT discussion, if you can stay away from the flame wars (I avoid such things, directly or indirectly as it's childish and entirely unprofessional), I don't mind answering questions here and there (just e-mail me directly). I'm not a genius or a guru, but I've had enough experience that I may be of some help in pointing you in the right directions if you're genuinely interested.