Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > How Would I make text pop up a certain amount of time after theprevious action

How Would I make text pop up a certain amount of time after theprevious action

Can anyone give some lines of code that would make text pop up a certain amount of time

John B. Matthews

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
K <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Can anyone give some lines of code that would make text pop up a
> certain amount of time

Here's a complete example using Swing:

<http://stackoverflow.com/a/12451673/230513>

--
John B. Matthews
trashgod at gmail dot com

Arne Vajhoej

On 10/16/2012 11:30 PM, K wrote:
> Can anyone give some lines of code that would make text pop up a certain amount of time

In what context?

Desktop app or applet? (Swing? JavaFX? SWT?)

Web app?

Arne

Roedy Green

On Tue, 16 Oct 2012 20:30:51 -0700 (PDT), K <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote,

>Can anyone give some lines of code that would make text pop up a certain amount of time

see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jdialog.html
There are four possible ways to poke a card into a slot.
Nearly always, only one way works. To me that betrays a
Fascist mentality, demanding customers conform to some
arbitrary rule, and hassling them to discover the magic
orientation. The polite way to do it is to design the reader
slot so that all four ways work, or so that all the customer
has to do is put the card in the vicinity of the reader.

I meant in a java application how would I make certain lines of text pop up after some other text