Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: Battery question

Re: Battery question

Ron

On Mon, 15 Oct 2012 17:50:50 -0400, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>I'm looking at two digital camers, a Fujifilm FinePix HS30EXR and a
>FinePix
>HS25EXR. Almost identical cameras with a few minor (to me anyway)
>differences.
>But the big one I'm trying to decide is 4 AA batteris in the FinePix
>HS25EXR
>versus am Li-ion battery in the FinePix HS30EXR. My first thought was that
>the
>AA batteries would be easy to replace when I needed them, especially if I
>was on
>the road. I can easily buy them. Camera supposedly gets 35o shots out of
>the
>batteries. The Li-ion supposedly gets 600 shots. But of course, it has to
>then
>be recharged, Any thoughts as to which power supply is the better? Thanks.

How long should a spare battery, or even a battery in a camera which has
been
turned of and unused for a while, hold it's charge? Can I count on a spare
battery being ready to go when I need it?

+++++++++
I have Li-ion batteries that still have a charge after setting unused in the
camera for 2-3 months. When not used they hold their charge much better
than other rechargeable batteries. Non OEM Li-ion batteries are available
and the prices are all over the scale. The cheapest one are just that cheap
and not worth buying. I have had good luck with non OEM batteries that cost
less than half of the OEM price. Chargers are available on e-bay for almost
all Li-ion batteries often in a kit that allows you to charge using 120/240
or 12 volts for prices as low as $20 or so.
Ron
+++++++++

jdanield

Le 16/10/2012 15:11, Ron a écrit :

> +++++++++
> I have Li-ion batteries that still have a charge after setting unused
> in the camera for 2-3 months. When not used they hold their charge
> much better than other rechargeable batteries. Non OEM Li-ion
> batteries are available and the prices are all over the scale. The
> cheapest one are just that cheap and not worth buying. I have had
> good luck with non OEM batteries that cost less than half of the OEM
> price. Chargers are available on e-bay for almost all Li-ion
> batteries often in a kit that allows you to charge using 120/240 or 12
> volts for prices as low as $20 or so.
> Ron
> +++++++++

I second this. do not take the lower price, the others are good

jdd