Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > RE: Fastest web framework

RE: Fastest web framework

Andriy Kornatskyy

Alex,

Thank you, see my answers inline to your comments:

> Performance speed is possibly the least interesting aspect of web
> frameworks;

Performance and effectivity are related metrics. Longer feature list can not explain why it less effective. An answer to effectivity question might berelated to:
- code quality (we have PEP
- architectural decisions taken
- core team experience
- historical path,*etc.

> ease of use & readily re-usable 3rd party code figures
> much higher, IMO.

I think these are very valid requirements for the modern web framework. I believe all web frameworks are easy to use (... some too seriously take this?), of cause readability/flexibility counts.

There is a problem with 3rd party code... it should evolve with framework.... so good one become a part of it.*3rd party UI things are good, until you start `customize` them, patch, workaround, etc. This is where pain come from. However, there are exceptions. Can you name few?

> Rather than constantly hammer on about performance,
> maybe you could take the time to explain any other advantages your
> framework provides.

Let me state this:*"wheezy.web let you design web application to be able run it at the speed of `hello world`, even database driven one".

Here is how: use content caching with cache dependency. Read more:
http://packages.python.org/wheezy.ht...#content-cache

Invest 30 minutes to understand it:
http://packages.python.org/wheezy.web/tutorial.html

All web frameworks are good, some better. It is important what you see asan advantage...

Thanks.

Andriy Kornatskyy