Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: Python on Windows

Re: Python on Windows

Marco Nawijn

On Tuesday, October 16, 2012 1:29:23 PM UTC+2, graham wrote:
> Downloaded and installed Python 2.7.3 for windows (an XP machine).
>

> Entered the Python interactive interpreter/command line and typed the
>
> following:

> and I get the error message "No module named feedparser".
>

> There is a feedparser.py file lurking around - so I suppose Python
>
> cannot find it.
>

> Anyone: What to do?
>

> GC

Hi,

feedparser.py is not a Python standard library. So, if it feedparser is located in a non-standard folder you have at least the following two options:
1. Update the PYTHONPATH environment variable such that it includes the path the installation location of feedparser.py

2. Add the path to feedparser.py directly in the script that uses it. Something like the following:
import sys
sys.path.append("path to feedparser.py")

import feedparser

Regards,

Marco

Dwight Hutto

On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 7:35 AM, Marco Nawijn <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Tuesday, October 16, 2012 1:29:23 PM UTC+2, graham wrote:
>> Downloaded and installed Python 2.7.3 for windows (an XP machine).
>>

>> Entered the Python interactive interpreter/command line and typed the
>>
>> following:

>> and I get the error message "No module named feedparser".

Did you install it into the site-packages directory? Or did you cd to
the directory it's in, and launch, or place it into the directory
you're trying to launch it from?

--
Best Regards,
David Hutto