Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: Which book is the best?

Re: Which book is the best?

Dwight Hutto

On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 12:27 AM, 老爷 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I have strong c++ development experience. But now I want to study the
> python to do some windows setting task, such as editing file, changing the
> system setting, doing some network processing. Please help me which bookis
> the best?

Definitely command line apps/command line usage.

I could recommend google searches, but use the calls to the OS, and
you can accomplish a good bit of things.

--
Best Regards,
David Hutto

Marco Nawijn

On Tuesday, October 16, 2012 6:41:29 AM UTC+2, David Hutto wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 12:27 AM, 老爷 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > I have strong c++ development experience. But now I want to study the

> > python to do some windows setting task, such as editing file, changing the

> > system setting, doing some network processing. Please help me which book is

> > the best?

> Definitely command line apps/command line usage.
>

> I could recommend google searches, but use the calls to the OS, and
>
> you can accomplish a good bit of things.
>

> --
>
> Best Regards,
>
> David Hutto
>
> CEO: http://www.hitwebdevelopment.com

Hi,

Although I agree with the fact the working in the interactive interpreter (may I recommend IPython for this) is definitely an efficient way of exploring the Python world, I also liked alot the Python Essential Reference (4th edition). Since you already understand how to program, the Python essentialreference quickly guides you through Python language and the standard library.

Regards,

Marco