Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: Battery question

Re: Battery question

PeterN

On 10/20/2012 10:08 PM, nospam wrote:
> In article <50834b46$0$15631$(E-Mail Removed)-secrets.com>, PeterN
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> You are ignoring the error in your own statement: "nicads haven't been
>> around in ages."
>> You didn't say that they are not in as common use, or as commonly
>> available as Ni-MH.

> it didn't need to be said because it's *obvious* what was meant, except
> to you.

You are right. I am used to dealing with intelligent people, who
understand the meaning of plain English statements.

--
Peter

nospam

In article <508369df$0$15582$(E-Mail Removed)-secrets.com>, PeterN
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > it didn't need to be said because it's *obvious* what was meant, except
> > to you.

> You are right. I am used to dealing with intelligent people, who
> understand the meaning of plain English statements.

excellent. hopefully you will learn something from them and be able to
understand plain english statements.

Michael Black

On Mon, 15 Oct 2012, philo wrote:

> On 10/15/2012 4:50 PM, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> I'm looking at two digital camers, a Fujifilm FinePix HS30EXR and a
>> FinePix
>> HS25EXR. Almost identical cameras with a few minor (to me anyway)
>> differences.
>> But the big one I'm trying to decide is 4 AA batteris in the FinePix
>> HS25EXR
>> versus am Li-ion battery in the FinePix HS30EXR. My first thought was that
>> the
>> AA batteries would be easy to replace when I needed them, especially if I
>> was on
>> the road. I can easily buy them. Camera supposedly gets 35o shots out of
>> the
>> batteries. The Li-ion supposedly gets 600 shots. But of course, it has to
>> then
>> be recharged, Any thoughts as to which power supply is the better? Thanks.
>>

> I once had a camera that took 4 AA batteries.
> In the long run it was a bad idea as I was constantly replacing them and of
> course paying for them each time. Though the camera could also use NiCads,
> the charge only lasted a very short time so were useless.
>
> Since then all my camera's have had Li-ion and I am *much* happier.

But things have improved. That Olympus D-600L DSLR that someone gave me a
few years back when he was finished with it, I could barely fill the
memory card (as small as it was and it being a 1.6MP camera) before a set
of batteries would die. It used four AAs, it didn't matter if they were
alkaline or nimh, they just wore down fast.

But that's an "old" camera as digital cameras go. They have gotten much
better in terms of current consumption. I have Duracell "pre-charged" AA
nimhs for my later Cannon camera, and if I don't take pictures, the
batteries stay relatively charged, and unless I'm expecging some Big
Event, I generally won't routinely charge the batteries, I can count on
them being useable for the occasional picture for months.

Michael