Velocity Reviews > General Discussion > Front Page News > OCZ Vertex 4 128GB SATA III 2.5" SSD

OCZ Vertex 4 128GB SATA III 2.5" SSD

Becky Becky is offline
Administrator
Becky's Avatar

Mad Shrimps have reviewed the OCZ Vertex 4 128GB SATA III 2.5" SSD:

Quote:
"The new Vertex 4 SSDs from OCZ incorporate the Indilinx Everest 2 controller, unlike the second and third iterations from the past; the new controller comes with features like Auto-Encryption, AES-256 support, Ndurance 2.0 Technology for reduced write amplification, adaptive NAND management or Multi-Level ECC. The controller also supports Redundant NAND Array technology.

Vertex 4 does no longer suffer of any compression-related limitations and was built to produce higher IOps (Vertex 3 was rated at 60K 4K IOps and Vertex 4 at 85K 4K IOps). At the same time, the Vertex 3 was advertised with a 550MB/s transfer rate and the Vertex 4 a little lower, at 535MB/s.

While we can see that in tests which use uncompressed data the Sandforce-based SSDs lead without issues, when we ran more recent benchmarks which use compressed data, the Vertex 4 succeeded to exceed the performances of the Vertex 3 240GB, mostly in the write department. We must also keep in mind that the drive performances are also influenced by the total volume capacity, the 512GB version being the fastest of the bunch, but also the most expensive."
You can read more here.