Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > A spare battery for the camera.

A spare battery for the camera.

jdanield

Le 16/10/2012 18:02, nospam a écrit :

> i have an older hp calculator that takes an hp custom battery pack that
> is no longer available.

easy to rebuild

> it's not always possible.

If it have been done once, it can be done again. after all somebody
though interesting to jump from a ballon, what I find pretty silly, so
it's only a matter of money and will

but the OP problem of batteries is usually much easier to solve

jdd

PeterN

On 10/15/2012 2:07 PM, nospam wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, tony cooper
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> There are many reasons a person may think that extending a contract is
>> to their benefit. That's not being disputed. But, only a sucker
>> thinks the phone is free.

> it's free if there is no additional charge.
>
> if you renew a contract, you get a new phone for free, unless you want
> to pay extra for a fancier model.
>
> this is not rocket science.

Good thinking. If more thought as you, our economy will recover quickly.

--
Peter

tony cooper

On Sat, 20 Oct 2012 13:27:33 -0400, PeterN
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On 10/15/2012 2:07 PM, nospam wrote:
>> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, tony cooper
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> There are many reasons a person may think that extending a contract is
>>> to their benefit. That's not being disputed. But, only a sucker
>>> thinks the phone is free.

>> it's free if there is no additional charge.
>>
>> if you renew a contract, you get a new phone for free, unless you want
>> to pay extra for a fancier model.
>>
>> this is not rocket science.
>>

>Good thinking. If more thought as you, our economy will recover quickly.

It's the same kind of good thinking that led to taking out mortgages
far in excess of the home's value.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

PeterN

On 10/20/2012 4:54 PM, tony cooper wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Oct 2012 13:27:33 -0400, PeterN
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> On 10/15/2012 2:07 PM, nospam wrote:

>>> it's free if there is no additional charge.
>>>
>>> if you renew a contract, you get a new phone for free, unless you want
>>> to pay extra for a fancier model.
>>>
>>> this is not rocket science.
>>>

>> Good thinking. If more thought as you, our economy will recover quickly.

> It's the same kind of good thinking that led to taking out mortgages
> far in excess of the home's value.

Yes and no.
With mortgages people only looked at the upside. They forgot that
bubbles burst. They also forgot they had personal liability to repay the
loans.

If I raised the price 25% and offered a 15% discount, he would think it
to be a good deal.

Anyway, I probably should have added sarcasm tags.

--
Peter

tony cooper

On Sat, 20 Oct 2012 21:00:55 -0400, PeterN
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On 10/20/2012 4:54 PM, tony cooper wrote:
>> On Sat, 20 Oct 2012 13:27:33 -0400, PeterN
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> Good thinking. If more thought as you, our economy will recover quickly.

>> It's the same kind of good thinking that led to taking out mortgages
>> far in excess of the home's value.
>>

>Yes and no.
>With mortgages people only looked at the upside. They forgot that
>bubbles burst. They also forgot they had personal liability to repay the
>loans.
>
>If I raised the price 25% and offered a 15% discount, he would think it
>to be a good deal.
>
>Anyway, I probably should have added sarcasm tags.

I was quite aware of the sarcasm.
--

On 10/20/2012 9:20 PM, tony cooper wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Oct 2012 21:00:55 -0400, PeterN
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> On 10/20/2012 4:54 PM, tony cooper wrote:

>>> It's the same kind of good thinking that led to taking out mortgages
>>> far in excess of the home's value.
>>>

>> Yes and no.
>> With mortgages people only looked at the upside. They forgot that
>> bubbles burst. They also forgot they had personal liability to repay the
>> loans.
>>
>> If I raised the price 25% and offered a 15% discount, he would think it
>> to be a good deal.
>>
>> Anyway, I probably should have added sarcasm tags.

> I was quite aware of the sarcasm.

I misunderstood.

--
Peter