Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Operation in String to Double conversion

Operation in String to Double conversion

Arne Vajhoej

On 10/15/2012 3:40 PM, Lew wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> wow, sorry for not complying with your orthographical requirements, although imho that's hardly
>> grounds to disregard the library.

> On the contrary, it's a really reliable bellwether of product quality.

> If you cannot even promote a product with professionalism and attention to detail, it is very
> unlikely the product will reflect a higher standard.

If one has a product and want to promote it, then the description
should have a certain level of professionalism.

But if one has written some code for fun or for own usage and are
willing to share it, but not have any intentions of making it widely
used, then you really can't expect much.

Arne

Eric Sosman

On 10/17/2012 5:13 PM, Arne Vajhoej wrote:
> [...]
> If one has a product and want to promote it, then the description
> should have a certain level of professionalism.

I see no evidence that the author is in any way "promoting"
the code. He did not join this thread until after someone else
had posted a link to his blog page, and until yet another person
had criticized the writeup. On the blog itself, we find

exp4j is currently in development and
not recommended for production use.

.... in boldface, on a line all by itself, made more prominent
by ample vertical white space. If that's "promotion," I'd hate
to see his idea of "reticence!"

Ease up, people.

--
Eric Sosman