Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: Understanding and dealing with an exception

Re: Understanding and dealing with an exception

Chris Angelico

On Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 3:36 PM, Vincent Davis <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Oops, I was going to make note of the file size. 1.2MB

Then I'd definitely declare the file bad; I don't know what the valid
ranges for channels and ysize are, but my reading of that is that your
file's completely corrupt, maybe even malicious. PIL probably ought to
check these things, so there may be a tracker issue coming from this,
but I'd be inclined to declare any thrown exception as meaning it's a
bad file. Call it "failed a security check" perhaps.

ChrisA