Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: Aggressive language on python-list

Re: Aggressive language on python-list

Etienne Robillard

On Sat, 13 Oct 2012 11:21:28 -0400
Zero Piraeus <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> :
>
> Not sure exactly how to put this ...
>
> I'm a mostly passive subscriber to this list - my posts here over the
> years could probably be counted without having to take my socks off -
> so perhaps I have no right to comment, but I've noticed a marked
> increase in aggressive language here lately, so I'm putting my head
> above the parapet to say that I don't appreciate it.
>
> Robust disagreement is one thing [and can be quite enjoyable for those
> of us merely spectating], but there's really no need to go around
> calling people idiots at the drop of a hat. Quite apart from anything
> else, when the contributor you're calling names is as helpful and
> knowledgeable a member of the community as some of those targeted have
> been, it makes you look a bit daft.
>
> And, yes, I know bringing it up could be construed as stoking the
> flames ... but, well, "silence = acquiescence" and all that.
>
> -[]z.

OT. you obviously has no clue what agressive behavior mean.

So please continue with the passive tone saying nothing relevant
and login to facebook.

--
Etienne Robillard
Green Tea Hackers Club