Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Aggressive language on python-list

Aggressive language on python-list

Zero Piraeus

:

Not sure exactly how to put this ...

I'm a mostly passive subscriber to this list - my posts here over the
years could probably be counted without having to take my socks off -
so perhaps I have no right to comment, but I've noticed a marked
increase in aggressive language here lately, so I'm putting my head
above the parapet to say that I don't appreciate it.

Robust disagreement is one thing [and can be quite enjoyable for those
of us merely spectating], but there's really no need to go around
calling people idiots at the drop of a hat. Quite apart from anything
else, when the contributor you're calling names is as helpful and
knowledgeable a member of the community as some of those targeted have
been, it makes you look a bit daft.

And, yes, I know bringing it up could be construed as stoking the
flames ... but, well, "silence = acquiescence" and all that.

-[]z.