Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: Static analysis tools

Re: Static analysis tools

Mark Lawrence

On 11/10/2012 18:25, Dan Stromberg wrote:
> I'm familiar with pylint, and have recently played with pyflakes and
> flake8. I've also heard of pychecker.
>
> Are there others, perhaps including some that aren't written in Python, but
> still check Python?
>
> We're considering doing static analysis of a large CPython 3.2 project, but
> so far the traditional 3 seem to be coming up a little short for Python
> 3 compatibility. Especially, they don't seem to understand PEP 3102
> AKA Keyword Only Arguments, and we really like Keyword Only Arguments.
>
> Opensource would be great,but we'd also be willing to pay for a suitable
> tool.
>
> Windows or *ix tools would be fine.
>
> Any suggestions about things to check into?

I've found clonedigger very useful http://clonedigger.sourceforge.net/

Not what you're asking for but figleaf is good as well
http://darcs.idyll.org/~t/projects/figleaf/doc/

--
Cheers.

Mark Lawrence.