Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Kodak Easyshare software

Kodak Easyshare software

Chas Varner

I've been a digital camera user for about 12 years, having owned about 6 cameras over that span. A couple of my earlier ones were Kodak models, and Iinstalled Kodak Eashshare software to my computer, from the disks indludedwith the cameras, and have enjoyed using it to crop, rotate, and otherwiseimprove my shots. In later years,even after I moved on to other camera types (Olympus, for example), I continued to use Easyshare, now & then downloading the latest version from Kodak. A couple of weeks back I bought a newcomputer, one with the Windows 7 operating system, and last night went online to download Easyshare, and was told it is no longer available for download. (I tried one of my old Easyshare disks, for Easyshare Version 8.0, but was told it is incompatible with my new computer.)

In case anyone knows, is there anything comparable to Easyshare available, either for free download, or for a price?

ray

On Wed, 10 Oct 2012 13:30:46 -0700, Chas Varner wrote:

> I've been a digital camera user for about 12 years, having owned about 6
> cameras over that span. A couple of my earlier ones were Kodak models,
> and I installed Kodak Eashshare software to my computer, from the disks
> indluded with the cameras, and have enjoyed using it to crop, rotate,
> and otherwise improve my shots. In later years,even after I moved on to
> other camera types (Olympus, for example), I continued to use Easyshare,
> now & then downloading the latest version from Kodak. A couple of weeks
> back I bought a new computer, one with the Windows 7 operating system,
> and last night went online to download Easyshare, and was told it is no
> longer available for download. (I tried one of my old Easyshare disks,
> for Easyshare Version 8.0, but was told it is incompatible with my new
> computer.)
>
> In case anyone knows, is there anything comparable to Easyshare
> available, either for free download, or for a price?

There are a flock of freely available photo editors. GIMP is free, cross-
platform and would certainly do all you've mentioned and more - it would
probably be overkill, but that would be one possibility.

Mort

ray wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Oct 2012 13:30:46 -0700, Chas Varner wrote:
>
>> I've been a digital camera user for about 12 years, having owned about 6
>> cameras over that span. A couple of my earlier ones were Kodak models,
>> and I installed Kodak Eashshare software to my computer, from the disks
>> indluded with the cameras, and have enjoyed using it to crop, rotate,
>> and otherwise improve my shots. In later years,even after I moved on to
>> other camera types (Olympus, for example), I continued to use Easyshare,
>> now & then downloading the latest version from Kodak. A couple of weeks
>> back I bought a new computer, one with the Windows 7 operating system,
>> and last night went online to download Easyshare, and was told it is no
>> longer available for download. (I tried one of my old Easyshare disks,
>> for Easyshare Version 8.0, but was told it is incompatible with my new
>> computer.)
>>
>> In case anyone knows, is there anything comparable to Easyshare
>> available, either for free download, or for a price?

> There are a flock of freely available photo editors. GIMP is free, cross-
> platform and would certainly do all you've mentioned and more - it would
> probably be overkill, but that would be one possibility.

Hi,

I am having good results with Picasa 3 from Google, which is free. It is
easy to learn how to use it, and you can sharpen, crop, rotate,type
titles,adjust color balance, contrast, etc., and even do some simple
retouching.In addition, you can use it for printing images, and for
sending images by e-mail. It just copies pictures from other sources,
e.g. the "my pictures" in Windows, so even if you ruin the Picasa copy,
the original image is still there on your hard drive. In addition, any
change that you make is instantly visible, and one-click reversible. The
EXIF data are displayed.

Regards,

Mort Linder

David Taylor

On 10/10/2012 21:30, Chas Varner wrote:
> I've been a digital camera user for about 12 years, having owned about 6 cameras over that span. A couple of my earlier ones were Kodak models, and I installed Kodak Eashshare software to my computer, from the disks indluded with the cameras, and have enjoyed using it to crop, rotate, and otherwise improve my shots. In later years,even after I moved on to other camera types (Olympus, for example), I continued to use Easyshare, now & then downloading the latest version from Kodak. A couple of weeks back I bought a new computer, one with the Windows 7 operating system, and last night went online to download Easyshare, and was told it is no longer available for download. (I tried one of my old Easyshare disks, for Easyshare Version 8.0, but was told it is incompatible with my new computer.)
>
> In case anyone knows, is there anything comparable to Easyshare available, either for free download, or for a price?

If you have the appropriate version of Windows-7, you can download the
Windows-XP mode and that may allow you to install the software:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/vir.../download.aspx
--
Cheers,
David

Mayayana

According to this....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kodak_EasyShare_Z730

.....the software is still available but no longer hosted
by Kodak. There's a download here:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/Kodak_Easy...are_d5226.html

(Majorgeeks may look a bit silly when you see their
layout design, but they're actually one of the few
trustworthy, dependable software sites left. Many now
require that you infest your computer with their software
in order to use their site, then wrap the hosted software
with adware, spyware and who-knows-what-else.)

Bruce

David Taylor <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On 10/10/2012 21:30, Chas Varner wrote:
>> I've been a digital camera user for about 12 years, having owned about 6 cameras over that span. A couple of my earlier ones were Kodak models, and I installed Kodak Eashshare software to my computer, from the disks indluded with the cameras, and have enjoyed using it to crop, rotate, and otherwise improve my shots. In later years,even after I moved on to other camera types (Olympus, for example), I continued to use Easyshare, now & then downloading the latest version from Kodak. A couple of weeks back I bought a new computer, one with the Windows 7 operating system, and last night went online to download Easyshare, and was told it is no longer available for download. (I tried one of my old Easyshare disks, for Easyshare Version 8.0, but was told it is incompatible with my new computer.)
>>
>> In case anyone knows, is there anything comparable to Easyshare available, either for free download, or for a price?

>If you have the appropriate version of Windows-7, you can download the
>Windows-XP mode and that may allow you to install the software:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/vir.../download.aspx

That's a good idea, David.

Another way is to buy an inexpensive laptop or netbook with XP
installed and use that for the Kodak software.

Grimly Curmudgeon

On Wed, 10 Oct 2012 13:30:46 -0700 (PDT), Chas Varner
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>(I tried one of my old Easyshare disks, for Easyshare Version 8.0, but was told it is incompatible with my new computer.)

Load it in 'compatability' mode.

OG

On 10/10/2012 21:30, Chas Varner wrote:
> I've been a digital camera user for about 12 years, having owned about 6 cameras over that span. A couple of my earlier ones were Kodak models, and I installed Kodak Eashshare software to my computer, from the disks indluded with the cameras, and have enjoyed using it to crop, rotate, and otherwise improve my shots. In later years,even after I moved on to other camera types (Olympus, for example), I continued to use Easyshare, now & then downloading the latest version from Kodak. A couple of weeks back I bought a new computer, one with the Windows 7 operating system, and last night went online to download Easyshare, and was told it is no longer available for download. (I tried one of my old Easyshare disks, for Easyshare Version 8.0, but was told it is incompatible with my new computer.)
>
> In case anyone knows, is there anything comparable to Easyshare available, either for free download, or for a price?

Picasa will be a good place to start.

kintiskis@gmail.com

For all these questions I found answer in one review site... I dont know if I can post the address here, but it's there http://www.photo-videocameras.com/?p=1180 you just need to find what you want. You are welcome.