Velocity Reviews > General Discussion > Front Page News > Asus F2A55-M (A55) Motherboard

Asus F2A55-M (A55) Motherboard

Becky Becky is offline
Administrator
Becky's Avatar

eTeknix have reviewed the Asus F2A55-M (A55) Motherboard - here's a snippet:

Quote:
"With any new product, such as an APU processor, you’re bound to see some of the biggest partners include Asus, ASRock, Gigabyte and MSI bringing their latest creations to the table, in all various shapes and sizes and over the next couple of weeks, we will be working our way through the FM2 based motherboards that we have stacked up in our offices. Within this stack are a variety of boards that utilise the different chipsets that AMD brought to the table including A55, A75 and A85X.

Next in our stack is the Asus F2A55-M which comes equipped (as the name suggests) with the AMD A55 chipset that we saw originally on the FM1 Llano based boards around a year or so ago, but AMD have deemed it to still suit the market in the current climate by offering a no frills option for a good price.

As we didn’t have a chance to preview this board prior to the launch on October 2nd, we can jump straight in by looking at the packaging and bundle on offer. Once this is done, we can move on to the board, its design and of course features.

Once we’ve got through that, we can move onto the BIOS that we’re all familiar with on Asus boards today and then plant the board on our test bench so we can get down to what we all care about, performance numbers and of course; overclocking."
You can read their full verdict here.