Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Seeking recommendation for Laptop (Windows) suitable for photography

Seeking recommendation for Laptop (Windows) suitable for photography

nospam

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Whisky-dave <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > I see $39.99 for a Windows-8 upgrade in the USA:

> And is that for every PC in your home or just one PC ?
> The Apple update to the latest OS X is $19.99 for every computer in your
> household, although I did here there's a limit of 10 .

it's unlimited.

nospam

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Whisky-dave <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> A friend brought an imac a month or so ago and he was given a code to redeem
> to getdownload mountain lion FREE .

that's because what he bought had lion on it, even though mountain lion
has been out a while.

Ryan McGinnis

On Mon, 8 Oct 2012, Wally wrote:

> Am retiring the old ThinkPad and looking for a replacement.
>
> The new PC laptop should be fast enough to run Lightroom v4. And the
> display should be suitable for photography -- wide screen NOT
> preferred but may be OK as long as it has approx 1050 pixels or more
> vertically. (The old display was 1400x1050).
>
> It would be nice if the new computer was not too heavy, not too
> expensive, decent battery life, big HD, etc... but the most important
> requirements seems to me are speed for the software, and the display.

Whatever you get, max out the RAM -- this is the most important thing. i5
or i7 for processor, at least 16GB of RAM and you should be set.

Bear in mind that some laptop displays are better than others. Google
around to discover which laptop brands have better displays... or purchase
an external display to plug into the lappy.

--
-Ryan McGinnis
http://bigstormpicture.com