Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: [SI] General Announcement

Reply
Thread Tools

Re: [SI] General Announcement

 
 
Bruce
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-08-2012
Bowser <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Sat, 06 Oct 2012 11:03:34 -0400, SI Committee
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Dear SI participants,
>>
>>The Committee regrets to announce that Alan Browne, who has served the
>>SI honorably and with dedication since January, has informed the
>>Committee of his decision to step down as SI director in order to pursue
>>other interests.
>>
>>His resignation takes effect on 21 Oct 2012.
>>
>>The Committee enthusiastically thanks Alan for his efforts and wishes
>>him success in his various pursuits.
>>
>>The Committee, therefore, is presently seeking a new director. The
>>responsibilities of the director include:
>>
>> - soliciting ideas for mandates and selecting them
>> - announcing mandates on the various newsgroups
>> - working with the SI Committee to maintain and evolve the Rulz
>> - maintain the SI website on PBase
>> - receiving submissions and verifying their compliance to the Rulz
>> - Posting the images on Pbase.
>> - Posting appropriate announcements to the newsgroups.
>> - The director is also the chairman of the SI Committee
>>
>>The estimated effort in the above is a few hours per month.
>>
>>On reception of candidacy of qualified directors, the Committee will
>>select and announce the new director as soon as possible. On selection
>>as director the successful candidate shall also assume the chairmanship
>>of the SI Committee.
>>
>>Please submit your application to: shootinphotos AHT gmail DAHT com
>>
>>Sincerely,
>>
>>The Committee

>
>I think you'll get a lot more responses if you lay out the generous
>retirement package committee members get. I was able to retire in Bora
>Bora with mine.



Are you sure that wasn't Tora Bora?

Desirable, mostly underground residence in the Afghan mountains,
formerly the hideout of the late O bin L and built with generous
funding from the CIA.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Bruce
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-08-2012
SI Committee <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>Dear SI participants,
>
>The Committee regrets to announce that Alan Browne, who has served the
>SI honorably and with dedication since January, has informed the
>Committee of his decision to step down as SI director in order to pursue
>other interests.
>
>His resignation takes effect on 21 Oct 2012.
>
>The Committee enthusiastically thanks Alan for his efforts and wishes
>him success in his various pursuits.
>
>The Committee, therefore, is presently seeking a new director. The
>responsibilities of the director include:
>
> - soliciting ideas for mandates and selecting them
> - announcing mandates on the various newsgroups
> - working with the SI Committee to maintain and evolve the Rulz
> - maintain the SI website on PBase
> - receiving submissions and verifying their compliance to the Rulz
> - Posting the images on Pbase.
> - Posting appropriate announcements to the newsgroups.
> - The director is also the chairman of the SI Committee
>
>The estimated effort in the above is a few hours per month.



Only a few hours per month? Browne cannot manage that?

Browne has done it before. He knows exactly what it involves, and he
confidently states that it only needs a few hours a month. So why on
earth did he take the SI on again, only to discard it mere months
later like a used Kleenex?

Perhaps he decided to get his teeth fixed. That would explain the
lack of time. At a few hours a month, even the best dentist would
take several years.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
PeterN
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-08-2012
On 10/8/2012 2:11 PM, Alan Browne wrote:
> On 2012.10.08 12:54 , Bruce wrote:
>
>> Browne has done it before. He knows exactly what it involves, and he
>> confidently states that it only needs a few hours a month. So why on
>> earth did he take the SI on again, only to discard it mere months
>> later like a used Kleenex?

>
> I do not need to explain myself to anyone - least of all Tony Polson
> (aka Bruce) the least talented photographer to ever post here. I guess
> you could spend more time trainspotting - there's a noble pastime -
> usually associated with people who aren't terribly bright or interesting.
>
> Or why not show your cover photo from Paris Match? Or was that just a
> lie? Or more of your grainy, out of focus and under exposed choo-choo
> photos. Or why not a "product photo" (you know - the one from photo.net
> that you took down just like you took down your crappy train shots.
>
>> Perhaps he decided to get his teeth fixed. That would explain the
>> lack of time. At a few hours a month, even the best dentist would
>> take several years.

>
> Cheap shot Polson - no surprise. Some troll asshole posted that photo
> - it was not my mouth. There is nothing wrong with my teeth. Prove it
> otherwise you slimy coward.
>


You've been plonked, yet he responds to you.
I called it a long time ago, when he forgot he was reading my postings.

--
Peter
 
Reply With Quote
 
RichA
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-09-2012
On Oct 7, 11:31*pm, Bruce <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Bowser <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >On Sat, 06 Oct 2012 11:03:34 -0400, SI Committee
> ><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>
> >>Dear SI participants,

>
> >>The Committee regrets to announce that Alan Browne, who has served the
> >>SI honorably and with dedication since January, has informed the
> >>Committee of his decision to step down as SI director in order to pursue
> >>other interests.

>
> >>His resignation takes effect on 21 Oct 2012.

>
> >>The Committee enthusiastically thanks Alan for his efforts and wishes
> >>him success in his various pursuits.

>
> >>The Committee, therefore, is presently seeking a new director. *The
> >>responsibilities of the director include:

>
> >> *- soliciting ideas for mandates and selecting them
> >> *- announcing mandates on the various newsgroups
> >> *- working with the SI Committee to maintain and evolve the Rulz
> >> *- maintain the SI website on PBase
> >> *- receiving submissions and verifying their compliance to the Rulz
> >> *- Posting the images on Pbase.
> >> *- Posting appropriate announcements to the newsgroups.
> >> *- The director is also the chairman of the SI Committee

>
> >>The estimated effort in the above is a few hours per month.

>
> >>On reception of candidacy of qualified directors, the Committee will
> >>select and announce the new director as soon as possible. *On selection
> >>as director the successful candidate shall also assume the chairmanship
> >>of the SI Committee.

>
> >>Please submit your application to: shootinphotos AHT gmail DAHT com

>
> >>Sincerely,

>
> >>The Committee

>
> >I think you'll get a lot more responses if you lay out the generous
> >retirement package committee members get. I was able to retire in Bora
> >Bora with mine.

>
> Are you sure that wasn't Tora Bora?
>
> Desirable, mostly underground residence in the Afghan mountains,
> formerly the hideout of the late O bin L and built with generous
> funding from the CIA.


To continue the sidetrack, on behalf of the CIA, I would like to
remind people that during the Carter administration, they repeatedly
warned the State Department NOT to get involved with Bin Laden and the
Taliban, that they were not what they seemed, even if it did
(eventually) defeat the Russians. The CIA was basically forced to go
along with it.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Bruce
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-09-2012
RichA <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>To continue the sidetrack, on behalf of the CIA, I would like to
>remind people that during the Carter administration, they repeatedly
>warned the State Department NOT to get involved with Bin Laden and the
>Taliban, that they were not what they seemed, even if it did
>(eventually) defeat the Russians. The CIA was basically forced to go
>along with it.



There was no question of the US ever supporting the Taliban, Rich. The
US supported the Mujahideen, a disparate group of freedom fighters
opposed to Russian domination of Afghanistan. American taxpayers'
money funded a network of sophisticated underground command and
control bunkers with advanced communications technology that was
better then anything the US armed forces had.

The Taliban came later. The Mujahideen were not sufficiently
organised to govern the country. Neither did they have widespread
support. The Taliban satisfied both those requirements.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Re: [SI] General Announcement Robert Coe Digital Photography 11 10-26-2012 02:50 AM
Re: [SI] General Announcement Robert Coe Digital Photography 2 10-09-2012 01:32 AM
Re: General Announcement otter Digital Photography 4 10-08-2012 03:36 AM
Re: [SI] General Announcement nick c Digital Photography 0 10-06-2012 10:39 PM
Re: [SI] General Announcement PeterN Digital Photography 1 10-06-2012 05:34 PM



Advertisments