Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: Executing untrusted scripts in a sandboxed environment

Re: Executing untrusted scripts in a sandboxed environment

Mark Lawrence

On 05/10/2012 23:22, Robin Krahl wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I need to execute untrusted scripts in my Python application. To avoid security issues, I want to use a sandboxed environment. This means that the script authors have no access to the file system. They may only access objects, modules and classes that are "flagged" or "approved" for scripting.
>
> I read that I will not be able to do this with Python scripts. (See SandboxedPython page in the Python wiki [0] and several SE.com questions, e. g. [1].) So my question is: What is the best way to "embed" a script engine in a sandboxed environment that has access to the Python modules and classes that I provide?
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Best regards,
> Robin
>
> [0] http://wiki.python.org/moin/SandboxedPython
> [1] http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3...in-pure-python

As good a starting point as any
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forum...pysandbox.html
?

Also throw "python experimental sandbox" into your search engine and
follow your nose, something might come up smelling of roses

--
Cheers.

Mark Lawrence.