Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Reading properties file in Python, except using ConfigParser()

Reading properties file in Python, except using ConfigParser()

justmailharsh@gmail.com

Hi All,

How to read properties file in Python? I found ConfigParser() but it has a 'section' limitation, so looking for other alternatives.

Thanks,

Harsh

Laszlo Nagy

On 2012-10-05 09:20, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> How to read properties file in Python? I found ConfigParser() but it has a 'section' limitation, so looking for other alternatives.

http://wiki.python.org/moin/ConfigParserShootout

GŁnther Dietrich

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>How to read properties file in Python? I found ConfigParser() but it has a
>'section' limitation, so looking for other alternatives.

Have a look at PyYAML.

Best regards,

GŁnther

justmailharsh@gmail.com

On Friday, October 5, 2012 5:03:01 PM UTC+5:30, GŁnther Dietrich wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>

> >How to read properties file in Python? I found ConfigParser() but it hasa

> >'section' limitation, so looking for other alternatives.

> Have a look at PyYAML.
>

> Best regards,
>

> GŁnther

Thanks for responding guys. I got the solution from here -

http://www.daniweb.com/software-deve...-configparser#

Posting it here for others' benefit..