Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > About my threadpool engine

About my threadpool engine

Arne Vajh°j

On 10/3/2012 9:39 PM, aminer wrote:
> I will compare the Exec() method of my threadpool engine to the bucketsort,
> in the bucketsort algorithm, si if in the bucketsort the elements are
> uniformly
> distributed over an interval [a, b] and buckets have not significantly
> different number of elements the scalability will be optimal.
> It's the same with the Exec() method of my threadpool engine,
> if the load is uniformly distributed over the local lockfree FIFO MPMC
> queues the scalability will be optimal, so using multiple lockfree local
> queues with work-stealing and using my new Exec() method , my threadpool
> engine
> used as a scalable FIFO MPMC queue can go up to 3.8x scalability on a
> quadcores..
>
> Now when i have used only a global lockfree queue on my threadpool engine,
> my threadpool engine used as a scalable FIFO MPMC queue gave a negative
> scalability of -2.7x on a quad cores
>
> And using mutiple lockfree local queues with work-stealing
> and using the execute() method , my threadpool engine used as
> a scalable FIFO MPMC queue gave me 2.5x scalability on a quad cores.
>
> Wha'ts important is that my threadpool engine is useful.

What is important is that it is not relevant for this
group as it does not relate to Java.

Arne

aminer

Hello,

[...]

You can download my threadpool engine and all my parallel libraries from:

http://pages.videotron.com/aminer/

Thank you,
Amine Moulay Ramdane.