Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > RE: Fastest web framework

RE: Fastest web framework

Andriy Kornatskyy

In order to provide more reliable benchmark, I get rid of application server and network boundary. As a result I simulated a valid WSGI request and isolated calls just to the web framework alone. Also I found interesting totake a look at total number of calls and unique functions used by corresponding web framework.

The post has been updated:

http://mindref.blogspot.com/2012/09/...framework.html

Isolated benchmark source code is here:

https://bitbucket.org/akorn/hellowor...p/benchmark.py

I should mention several web frameworks experience huge memory leaks in this*benchmark.

BONUS: added benchmark for python 3.3 (for the web frameworks that support it) and plain simple WSGI application (for contrast).

Comments or suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.

Andriy Kornatskyy