Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Exception from Threads

Exception from Threads

Abhi

Hi,

What is the default behavior of throwing an exception from a Thread.. whether only that particular thread should terminate or the entire process??

Thanks,
Abhishek

Marcel Müller

On 01.10.12 17.37, Abhi wrote:
> What is the default behavior of throwing an exception from a Thread.. whether only that particular thread should terminate or the entire process??

You are talking about an unhandled exception, aren't you?
This will terminate the process.

Marcel

Abhi

On Monday, October 1, 2012 10:27:11 PM UTC+5:30, Marcel Müller wrote:
> On 01.10.12 17.37, Abhi wrote:
>
> > What is the default behavior of throwing an exception from a Thread.. whether only that particular thread should terminate or the entire process??

> You are talking about an unhandled exception, aren't you?
>
> This will terminate the process.
>

> Marcel

Yes, it's regarding unhandled exceptions only. Thanks Marcel

Abhishek