Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP.NET and Window XP Home Edition

Reply
Thread Tools

ASP.NET and Window XP Home Edition

 
 
=?Utf-8?B?ZGF2aWQgYy4=?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-25-2005
Hi,

Please tell me if there is some way to practice ASP.NET application in my
computer which has Window XP Home Edition?...The ASP.NET manual told me that
its application can only run on Window XP professional. I cannot get risk of
what I have in my hard drive to reinstall the XP professional version.

I appriciate any help.

Thanks,
david c.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Karl Seguin
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-25-2005
David:
You have everything you need except for a webserver. You can use the
Microsoft Cassini Web Server:
http://www.asp.net/Projects/Cassini/...ndex=0&tabid=1

or you can attempt to follow:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...df7903d9b477d8

but that isn't supported <insert disclaimer here> sorta thing...

Karl

--
MY ASP.Net tutorials
http://www.openmymind.net/


"david c." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> Please tell me if there is some way to practice ASP.NET application in my
> computer which has Window XP Home Edition?...The ASP.NET manual told me

that
> its application can only run on Window XP professional. I cannot get risk

of
> what I have in my hard drive to reinstall the XP professional version.
>
> I appriciate any help.
>
> Thanks,
> david c.



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Tom Kaminski [MVP]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-25-2005
"david c." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Please tell me if there is some way to practice ASP.NET application in my
> computer which has Window XP Home Edition?...The ASP.NET manual told me

that
> its application can only run on Window XP professional. I cannot get risk

of
> what I have in my hard drive to reinstall the XP professional version.


Web Matrix will allow you to develop ASP.NET on XP Home:
http://www.asp.net/Default.aspx?tabindex=4&tabid=46


 
Reply With Quote
 
Karl Seguin
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-25-2005
Neat,
Didn't know web matrix had it's own built-in webserver (looking at the FAQ i
see it does).


--
MY ASP.Net tutorials
http://www.openmymind.net/


"Tom Kaminski [MVP]" <tomk (A@T) mvps (D.O.T) org> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "david c." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Please tell me if there is some way to practice ASP.NET application in

my
> > computer which has Window XP Home Edition?...The ASP.NET manual told me

> that
> > its application can only run on Window XP professional. I cannot get

risk
> of
> > what I have in my hard drive to reinstall the XP professional version.

>
> Web Matrix will allow you to develop ASP.NET on XP Home:
> http://www.asp.net/Default.aspx?tabindex=4&tabid=46
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Ivan Belov
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-25-2005
> Neat,
> Didn't know web matrix had it's own built-in webserver (looking at the FAQ
> i
> see it does).


It's actually the same Cassini thingie you mentioned earlier. )

/Ivan Belov/


 
Reply With Quote
 
=?Utf-8?B?ZGF2aWQgYy4=?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-25-2005
Thank you everyone for your quick response. I will try your suggestion
tonight.

Your help is very thoughtful and being appreciated. I will get back to our
group soon.

david c.
______________________

"david c." wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Please tell me if there is some way to practice ASP.NET application in my
> computer which has Window XP Home Edition?...The ASP.NET manual told me that
> its application can only run on Window XP professional. I cannot get risk of
> what I have in my hard drive to reinstall the XP professional version.
>
> I appriciate any help.
>
> Thanks,
> david c.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Artificial Mind - Part One - Basic Architecture and Cognitive Structure 1st Edition is now available (free download for Evaluation Edition) tommak C Programming 1 10-10-2006 10:04 AM
Questions about XP Pro vs. XP Media Edition/XP Home Edition =?Utf-8?B?R3JlZw==?= Windows 64bit 8 08-09-2006 02:22 PM
Home Network - XP Home Edition and Windows 2000 =?Utf-8?B?UEFS?= Wireless Networking 1 12-30-2004 09:40 PM
Ann: Altova announces FREE XMLSPY Home Edition and releases new version 2004r4 of XMLSPY, MAPFORCE, and STYLEVISION Altova Announcements XML 0 05-25-2004 05:29 PM
DVD Verdict reviews: ALIEN: COLLECTOR'S EDITION, ALIEN3: COLLECTOR'S EDITION, and more! DVD Verdict DVD Video 0 12-15-2003 10:05 AM



Advertisments