Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Re: AHHHH, NICE (quiet) PC FOR $47

Re: AHHHH, NICE (quiet) PC FOR $47

kingyazer@gmail.com

在 2003年8月11日星期一UTC+8下午2时03分19秒 ,Evil Bastard写道:
> Hi all,After looking at some noise reduction options, I've ended up with a solution that cuts an estimated 35-30dB from the noise of my server box for a measly $47.00Quite simply, a wooden case enclosure and lined it with Melamine Acoustic Ceiling Foam.Inspiration came from: http://www.frostytech.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=982 as featured on Slashdot: http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=0...thread&tid=137 Tracked down a supplier of Melamine foam in Auckland: DAA Flexible Foam Products in East Tamaki:http://www.foamalone.co.nz/ This foam is special, because of an extremely high Noise Reduction Coefficient (NRC) - see links above.Cost: * 600mmx1200mmx25mm Melamine Foam Sheet - $42 incl GST * Sheets of 5-ply - offcuts bludged from Carters, tipped the kind dude $4 to buy himself a beer after work * Glue gun stick and a few nails - $1Time - 1 hour from start to full installation.Effectiveness - estimated 25-30dB reduction. main source of noise in the room is now the analog wall clock. Have to strain my ears tohear the PC.Tips: * Measure up the wood so that the enclosure (with foam) is flush with the front of the case, and extends 10-20cm past the rear of the case. * Leave a gap of approx 5mm between foam and case at sides and topCan't wait to buy more foam to do my desktop box as well.Posted all this here on the off chance that others may be sick of loud PCs and might benefit from this info.CheersEB

Ya, melamine foam, i guess is the best solution for acoustic and beatuy achiving currently in the market.

Best regards
King

nice featurlette deerpark aka ff 1.6a Splibbilla Firefox 1 09-17-2005 06:31 AM
Very nice MMORPG (FREE) Silverstrand Gaming 7 08-14-2005 03:41 AM
Bookmarks not playing nice MEow Firefox 2 12-21-2004 04:48 PM
Nice PHP script Charles Firefox 6 06-23-2004 09:44 PM
Re: Nice PHP script Matt Firefox 1 06-23-2004 03:37 PM

Advertisments