Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Google Play Store V Amazon shop

Google Play Store V Amazon shop

Frank Williams

How nasty can they get with Google Store you can dnload any free aps
with out a Open credit card account,

But not with Amazon you have to have a Open credit card acct

having a open credit card acc they can add $$$$ as you pay a lot for
the options on Games or add-ons, I notices some games are listed at 99c
but every time you die its another 99c, or if you need to go to the next
level more $$$.

I found that a program that I needed I could buy direct saved me $1
from buying it from Google.

Is the Apple Store as bad as this..?

peterwn

On Sep 28, 10:03*am, Frank Williams <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> How nasty can they get with Google Store you can dnload any free aps
> with out a Open credit card account,
>
> But not with Amazon *you have to have a Open credit card acct
>
> having a open credit card acc they can add $$$$ *as you pay a lot for
> the options on Games or add-ons, I notices some games are listed at 99c
> but every time you die its another 99c, or if you need to go to the next
> level more $$$.
>
> I found that a program that I needed I could buy direct saved me *$1
> from buying it from Google.
>
> Is the Apple Store as bad as this..?

IMO NEVER allow any merchant an 'open' credit card account (Direct
Debit) unless you really have to. These would be hotels or rental car
companies and would only be applicable for the particular stay or
hire. Anyone else eg gym memberships, charity 'chuggers' etc - NO!

Geopelia

"peterwn" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
On Sep 28, 10:03 am, Frank Williams <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> How nasty can they get with Google Store you can dnload any free aps
> with out a Open credit card account,
>
> But not with Amazon you have to have a Open credit card acct
>
> having a open credit card acc they can add $$$$ as you pay a lot for
> the options on Games or add-ons, I notices some games are listed at 99c
> but every time you die its another 99c, or if you need to go to the next
> level more $$$.
>
> I found that a program that I needed I could buy direct saved me $1
> from buying it from Google.
>
> Is the Apple Store as bad as this..?

IMO NEVER allow any merchant an 'open' credit card account (Direct
Debit) unless you really have to. These would be hotels or rental car
companies and would only be applicable for the particular stay or
hire. Anyone else eg gym memberships, charity 'chuggers' etc - NO!

Grocery delivery from Countdown needs a Direct Debit.
You can check what has been taken from your bank against what the total was.
But I doubt if anybody could work a fiddle for their own benefit with that.

Richard

On 9/29/2012 10:09 AM, Geopelia wrote:
> Grocery delivery from Countdown needs a Direct Debit.
> You can check what has been taken from your bank against what the total was.
> But I doubt if anybody could work a fiddle for their own benefit with that.

A fiddle would be hard, but as someone who has had an incorrect billing
come out of my account on a friday leaving me pretty broke, I wont do
direct debit anymroe unless I have to, and then its from my 001 suffix
account which I only put enough into to cover the direct debits.

Geopelia

news:k48fmg$ub2$(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 9/29/2012 10:09 AM, Geopelia wrote:
>> Grocery delivery from Countdown needs a Direct Debit.
>> You can check what has been taken from your bank against what the total
>> was.
>> But I doubt if anybody could work a fiddle for their own benefit with
>> that.

> A fiddle would be hard, but as someone who has had an incorrect billing
> come out of my account on a friday leaving me pretty broke, I wont do
> direct debit anymroe unless I have to, and then its from my 001 suffix
> account which I only put enough into to cover the direct debits.

What firm did that?

Bruce Sinclair

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, peterwn <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>On Sep 28, 10:03=A0am, Frank Williams <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> How nasty can they get with Google Store you can dnload any free aps
>> with out a Open credit card account,
>> But not with Amazon =A0you have to have a Open credit card acct
>> having a open credit card acc they can add $$$$ =A0as you pay a lot for
>> the options on Games or add-ons, I notices some games are listed at 99c
>> but every time you die its another 99c, or if you need to go to the next
>> level more $$$.
>> I found that a program that I needed I could buy direct saved me =A0$1
>> from buying it from Google.
>> Is the Apple Store as bad as this..?

>IMO NEVER allow any merchant an 'open' credit card account (Direct
>Debit) unless you really have to. These would be hotels or rental car
>companies and would only be applicable for the particular stay or
>hire. Anyone else eg gym memberships, charity 'chuggers' etc - NO!

Never, is a much better answer than ..."never unless you have to". Never
always works ... and I know hotels *don't* need this despite them saying
they do and it's company policy.