Velocity Reviews > General Discussion > Front Page News > AMD A10-5800K APU Preview (Virgo)

AMD A10-5800K APU Preview (Virgo)

Becky Becky is offline
Administrator
Becky's Avatar

Hardware Heaven have released their preview of the AMD A10-5800K APU - here's a snippet:

Quote:
"Today AMD are allowing previews of their latest APU range based around gaming performance. So we have taken the top model, the A10-5800K, combined it with the ASUS F2A85-V Pro and some high spec components before throwing the system at a selection of the latest games. How does the new platform deal with Borderlands 2, F1 2012 and more? Read on to find out.

But first a quick look at the hardware...

AMD may be moving to a new socket with the latest APUs but that doesn't mean they are venturing away from their standard APU (and CPU) appearance. Shown above is the A10-5800K and other than the branding it looks near identical to any recent desktop processor from AMD.

Before we look at what the above APU is capable of, here is an overview of the test system for this preview..."
You can read their full article here.