Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: Article on the future of Python

Re: Article on the future of Python

Michael Harleman

That's a very interesting article.* It is encouraging to me, from reading many of the comments made, that I have chosen a good language to spend time learning despite the misgivings offered by the author.* I think Python does have a future in mobile markets as it is being used by some today according to one comment, and I can also see that apparently more development may need to be done, but I would think that would be true of any language.* What I like about Python among so many other things, is that it lends itself to be useful in almost any way I need it to.* Right now I am reading the Jython book, and realizing that Python can be wrapped around justabout anything.* It truly is an amazing and versatile language.* Of course this is speaking as someone who has little experience at this point.* Thank you for sharing.* I'll be keeping this article bookmarked for future comparison.

Michael Harleman