Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: keeping information about players around

Reply
Thread Tools

Re: keeping information about players around

 
 
Dwight Hutto
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-24-2012
On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 6:19 PM, Chris Angelico <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 7:14 AM, Dwight Hutto <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Also, If this is a browser app I'd go with phpmyadmin, and MySQL
>>
>> If a tkinter/wxpython/etc app, then maybe sqlite.

>
> Out of curiosity, why? MySQL isn't magically better for everything
> where data ends up displayed in a web browser.


No, but phpmyadmin is a great GUI for MySQL

Unless you're planning
> to also reference this database from some other language, it's going
> to make little difference what backend you use; and even if you are
> using multiple languages, it's usually not difficult to find overlap.

Well this is python, but in the browser a little echo, instead of
print, isn't that bad for conversational php.

And in the end it's usually html, php, css, javascript in the browser,
atleast for me it is. I'm just starting to utilize python in that
area, so excuse the naivety.



--
Best Regards,
David Hutto
CEO: http://www.hitwebdevelopment.com
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
alex23
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-24-2012
On Sep 25, 8:32*am, Dwight Hutto <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> No, but phpmyadmin is a great GUI for MySQL


If you're recommending MySQL use on the basis of phpmyadmin, you
should also make sure to mention:
http://www.phpmyadmin.net/home_page/security/

Great GUI, maybe. Huge security hole, absolutely. Most organisations
I've worked for won't allow it anywhere near their servers.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Dwight Hutto
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-24-2012
On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 7:28 PM, alex23 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Sep 25, 8:32 am, Dwight Hutto <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> No, but phpmyadmin is a great GUI for MySQL

>
> If you're recommending MySQL use on the basis of phpmyadmin, you
> should also make sure to mention:
> http://www.phpmyadmin.net/home_page/security/
>
> Great GUI, maybe. Huge security hole, absolutely. Most organisations
> I've worked for won't allow it anywhere near their servers.

What DB are you recommending, check out sqlite's:

http://www.cvedetails.com/vulnerabil...37/Sqlite.html

Maybe just a parsed file with data, and accessing data that you design.

--
Best Regards,
David Hutto
CEO: http://www.hitwebdevelopment.com
 
Reply With Quote
 
alex23
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-24-2012
On Sep 25, 9:44*am, Dwight Hutto <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> *What DB are you recommending, check out sqlite's:
>
> http://www.cvedetails.com/vulnerabil...37/Sqlite.html


Are you _seriously_ comparing _four_ vulnerabilities to 60+?

> Maybe just a parsed file with data, and accessing data that you design.


Just stop.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Dwight Hutto
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-25-2012
On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 7:52 PM, alex23 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Sep 25, 9:44 am, Dwight Hutto <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> What DB are you recommending, check out sqlite's:
>>
>> http://www.cvedetails.com/vulnerabil...37/Sqlite.html

>
> Are you _seriously_ comparing _four_ vulnerabilities to 60+?
>

Even less if you use your own DB structure, and evn less in mysql if
you reject the injections of the known vulnerablities.

>> Maybe just a parsed file with data, and accessing data that you design.

>
> Just stop.


Why not suggest odbm or relational db's, this shows your lack of
complexity in design, so please stop your own Dunner-Kruning.



--
Best Regards,
David Hutto
CEO: http://www.hitwebdevelopment.com
 
Reply With Quote
 
Dwight Hutto
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-25-2012
Anything else?

--
Best Regards,
David Hutto
CEO: http://www.hitwebdevelopment.com
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Re: keeping information about players around Chris Angelico Python 1 09-25-2012 02:29 AM
Re: keeping information about players around Dwight Hutto Python 0 09-24-2012 10:39 PM
Re: keeping information about players around Jean-Michel Pichavant Python 0 09-24-2012 03:47 PM
Re: keeping information about players around Jean-Michel Pichavant Python 0 09-24-2012 03:15 PM
keeping information about players around Littlefield, Tyler Python 0 09-24-2012 01:32 AM



Advertisments