Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Why Would IIS Web Services Stop Working On My Computer

Why Would IIS Web Services Stop Working On My Computer

clusardi2k@aol.com

After repeated calls to a web service, different web services stop working on my PC. I'm building a project around them.

The non-working symptoms are different each time. One time the services were down for more than a day. I thought the problem was something totally different, but they magically came back for no reason.

Why would the IIS (Internet Information Services) web services stop working on my computer. What can I do to get the web services working again.

Basically, when some of my services fail, I have to go to a different computer and work from there. It's difficult to do that.

Thanks,

Lew

(unknown) wrote:
> After repeated calls to a web service, different web services stop working on my PC. I'm building a project around them.
>
> The non-working symptoms are different each time. One time the services were down for more than a day. I thought the problem was something totally different, but they magically came back for no reason.
>
> Why would the IIS (Internet Information Services) web services stop working on my computer. What can I do to get the web services working again.
>
> Basically, when some of my services fail, I have to go to a different computer and work from there. It's difficult to do that.

This is the comp.lang.java.programmer Usenet forum.

--
Lew

Rajiv Gupta

On 2012-09-24 13:05:29 +1000, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) said:

> After repeated calls to a web service, different web services stop
> working on my PC. I'm building a project around them.
>
> The non-working symptoms are different each time. One time the services
> were down for more than a day. I thought the problem was something
> totally different, but they magically came back for no reason.
>
> Why would the IIS (Internet Information Services) web services stop
> working on my computer. What can I do to get the web services working
> again.
>
> Basically, when some of my services fail, I have to go to a different
> computer and work from there. It's difficult to do that.
>
> Thanks,

You need to get IIS (Internet Information Service) Antifail Pro. Don't
bother with the entry level version because that doesn't have color
menu bars. The Pro version has the good color menu bars and by using
the menu bars you can start IIS remotely with mouse or keyboard.
Depending on length of mouse and/or keyboard cord you can restart IIS
up to 2 metres from your PC. I don't know if work with blue teeth
keyboard.

Lew

Rajiv Gupta wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) said:
>> After repeated calls to a web service, different web services stop
>> working on my PC. I'm building a project around them.

>> The non-working symptoms are different each time. One time the services
>> were down for more than a day. I thought the problem was something
>> totally different, but they magically came back for no reason.
>>
>> Why would the IIS (Internet Information Services) web services stop
>> working on my computer. What can I do to get the web services working
>> again.

>> Basically, when some of my services fail, I have to go to a different
>> computer and work from there. It's difficult to do that.

> You need to get IIS (Internet Information Service) Antifail Pro. Don't

Doesn't dound correct.

> bother with the entry level version because that doesn't have color
> menu bars. The Pro version has the good color menu bars and by using
> the menu bars you can start IIS remotely with mouse or keyboard.
> Depending on length of mouse and/or keyboard cord you can restart IIS
> up to 2 metres from your PC. I don't know if work with blue teeth

Your reply makes no sense. What are "blue teeth"?

What do colored menu bars have to do with web services failing?

What does any of this have to do with *Java*?

--
Lew

Arne Vajh°j

On 9/25/2012 5:58 PM, Lew wrote:
> Rajiv Gupta wrote:
>> (E-Mail Removed) said:
>>> After repeated calls to a web service, different web services stop
>>> working on my PC. I'm building a project around them.

>>> The non-working symptoms are different each time. One time the services
>>> were down for more than a day. I thought the problem was something
>>> totally different, but they magically came back for no reason.
>>>
>>> Why would the IIS (Internet Information Services) web services stop
>>> working on my computer. What can I do to get the web services working
>>> again.

>>> Basically, when some of my services fail, I have to go to a different
>>> computer and work from there. It's difficult to do that.

>> You need to get IIS (Internet Information Service) Antifail Pro. Don't

> Doesn't dound correct.
>
>> bother with the entry level version because that doesn't have color
>> menu bars. The Pro version has the good color menu bars and by using
>> the menu bars you can start IIS remotely with mouse or keyboard.
>> Depending on length of mouse and/or keyboard cord you can restart IIS
>> up to 2 metres from your PC. I don't know if work with blue teeth

> Your reply makes no sense. What are "blue teeth"?
>
> What do colored menu bars have to do with web services failing?
>
> What does any of this have to do with *Java*?

I think it is called humor.

Arne

Rajiv Gupta

On 2012-09-26 07:58:50 +1000, Lew said:

> Rajiv Gupta wrote:
>> (E-Mail Removed) said:
>>> After repeated calls to a web service, different web services stop
>>> working on my PC. I'm building a project around them.

>>> The non-working symptoms are different each time. One time the services
>>> were down for more than a day. I thought the problem was something
>>> totally different, but they magically came back for no reason.
>>>
>>> Why would the IIS (Internet Information Services) web services stop
>>> working on my computer. What can I do to get the web services working
>>> again.

>>> Basically, when some of my services fail, I have to go to a different
>>> computer and work from there. It's difficult to do that.

>> You need to get IIS (Internet Information Service) Antifail Pro. Don't

> Doesn't dound correct.

It dounded correct to me, but then English is my third language.

>> bother with the entry level version because that doesn't have color
>> menu bars. The Pro version has the good color menu bars and by using
>> the menu bars you can start IIS remotely with mouse or keyboard.
>> Depending on length of mouse and/or keyboard cord you can restart IIS
>> up to 2 metres from your PC. I don't know if work with blue teeth

> Your reply makes no sense. What are "blue teeth"?
>
> What do colored menu bars have to do with web services failing?
>
> What does any of this have to do with *Java*?

I think you need to reboot the wetware. Spending 24 hours a day as a
pedant on a Java newsgroup dounds like you don't have much of a life to
me.