Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Anyone able to help on installing packages?

Anyone able to help on installing packages?

John Mordecai Dildy

Hello everyone out there. Ive been trying to install packages like distribute, nose, and virturalenv and believe me it is a hard process to do. I tried everything I could think of to install.

I have done the following:

pip install "package name"

easy_install "package name"

Would anyone help me at least to give directions for at least one of the package installation?

Would it work along with any other package installation (for example if you helped it show nose will it work with distribute, etc)?

Thank You all for your help

John Mordecai Dildy

On Sunday, September 23, 2012 1:48:52 PM UTC-4, John Mordecai Dildy wrote:
> Hello everyone out there. Ive been trying to install packages like distribute, nose, and virturalenv and believe me it is a hard process to do. I tried everything I could think of to install.
>

> I have done the following:
>

> pip install "package name"
>

> easy_install "package name"
>

> Would anyone help me at least to give directions for at least one of the package installation?
>

> Would it work along with any other package installation (for example if you helped it show nose will it work with distribute, etc)?
>

> Thank You all for your help

I have just gotten help to have virtualenv installed now.

It was On OS X to do:

sudo pip install virtualenv

Now I have nose and distribute to have installed in python

John Mordecai Dildy

Anyone have Ideas on nose and distribute?

Dwight Hutto

You could just take the python code, and put it in the site packages
file. Depends on the package.

--
Best Regards,
David Hutto