Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: technologies synergistic with Python

Re: technologies synergistic with Python

Emile van Sebille

On 9/21/2012 2:59 PM Ethan Furman said...
> ...if my dream job is one that
> consists mostly of Python, and might allow telecommuting?

Hi Ethan,

I have an open position in my two man office I've tried to fill a couple
times without success that is predominately python and would allow for
telecommuting. I'm looking for a third member of the team that will
focus on back end development integrating various systems through to an
open source python platform.

Where are you located? I'm on the SF Peninsula.

Emile

Walter Hurry

On Sat, 22 Sep 2012 10:58:38 -0700, Emile van Sebille wrote:

> On 9/21/2012 2:59 PM Ethan Furman said...
>> ...if my dream job is one that consists mostly of Python, and might
>> allow telecommuting?

> Hi Ethan,
>
> I have an open position in my two man office I've tried to fill a couple
> times without success that is predominately python and would allow for
> telecommuting. I'm looking for a third member of the team that will
> focus on back end development integrating various systems through to an
> open source python platform.
>
> Where are you located? I'm on the SF Peninsula.
>
> Emile

PMFJI. If he's going to telecommute, why does it matter where he is
located?

Ethan Furman

Walter Hurry wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Sep 2012 10:58:38 -0700, Emile van Sebille wrote:
>
>> On 9/21/2012 2:59 PM Ethan Furman said...
>>> ...if my dream job is one that consists mostly of Python, and might
>>> allow telecommuting?

>> Hi Ethan,
>>
>> I have an open position in my two man office I've tried to fill a couple
>> times without success that is predominately python and would allow for
>> telecommuting. I'm looking for a third member of the team that will
>> focus on back end development integrating various systems through to an
>> open source python platform.
>>
>> Where are you located? I'm on the SF Peninsula.
>>
>> Emile

> PMFJI. If he's going to telecommute, why does it matter where he is
> located?

I would think the biggest reason is compatible time-zones. After that,
how costly face-to-face meetings would be.

~Ethan~