Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Unable to start debugging access denied

Unable to start debugging access denied

Ron Weldy

I've looked at just about everything at this point, and I'm still getting
the "Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web
server. Access is denied." message when trying to debug on my remote server.
I am an administrator and I have added ASPNET to the the Debugger Users...
so I don't get it. Using Windows server 2003 and I have active directory set
up (unfortunately I was messing with MS CRM and that requires it). I don't
understand where/if I have to give rights to w3wp.exe, but I did grant
rights to the IIS_WPG group as well. I also ran IISReset but still no dice.
How can one tell who is getting denied?

- Ron