Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > How to access files in %windows folder%/system32 by asp.net/c#??

How to access files in %windows folder%/system32 by asp.net/c#??

RC

I am going to read a file at windows system32 folder.....I found that I
cannot access the folder by classes in System.IO...authentication
failure....how can I read the files?

Thanks

Michal Boleslav Mechura

Try granting more rights to the "ASPNET" account on your machine. This is
the account under which ASP.NET applications run. For example, try making
the account a member of the Administrators group, and then reboot the
machine for the changes to take effect.

Be warned, though, that this makes your machine potentially more vulnerable
to attacks. What are you reading the files for, anyway? A well-behaved
internet application shouldn't need to look in system folders.

Michal

--
Michal Boleslav Mechura

"RC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am going to read a file at windows system32 folder.....I found that I
> cannot access the folder by classes in System.IO...authentication
> failure....how can I read the files?
>
> Thanks

qvo178 qvo178 is offline
Junior Member

Perhaps you need to read from C:\Windows instead of %windows folder%/system32. For how to read system environment variable to this: w w w.itjungles.com/dotnet/finding-windows-folder-with-c